Geeba

Schrick Manifold

Just putting the feelers out - anyone got one they don't intend using?

hope your wallet is braced for it if they do ;)

hope your wallet is braced for it if they do ;)

LOL!

Indeed, they seem to be pretty expensive... You can buy the Schimmel short run manifold reasonably cheaply but it's apparently better suited to turbo cars although there is a small gain on NA motors..

LOL!

Indeed, they seem to be pretty expensive... You can buy the Schimmel short run manifold reasonably cheaply but it's apparently better suited to turbo cars although there is a small gain on NA motors..

yes, the last couple ive seen advertised were quite inflated compared to previous actual sales

some are put off by the need to remove part of the schrick to replace spark plugs, for me im not keen on their aesthetic look

plus, the actual gains for £'s you get AFAIK makes it an expensive option

combine one with cams, BMC, remap & free flowing exhaust then you can really get the advantage of the VVT function but again im not sure how much the shrick would add to that

good luck with your hunt

none on the bay, but i guess you have looked there already

Yeah did have a quick look on there... there usually is one kicking about but nothing at the moment...

I've got a 2nd hand one in my garage, I bought some time ago, never fitted it.

I started sanding it down, with the intention of giving it a polished look, but didn't get a chance to finish it.

All the bits are there, and I have photos of how it all goes back together, plus a couple of new gaskets.

Let me know if you're interested :-)

I'm in North East London, so not that far from you

I've got a 2nd hand one in my garage, I bought some time ago, never fitted it.

I started sanding it down, with the intention of giving it a polished look, but didn't get a chance to finish it.

All the bits are there, and I have photos of how it all goes back together, plus a couple of new gaskets.

Let me know if you're interested :-)

I'm in North East London, so not that far from you

Hi Joe

Ah yes you're not that far away... do you have pictures of how the manifold looks now?

LOL!

Any more details on the schimmel in terms of real life daily use?

Hi Joe might also be interested if Geeba isn't. Dont mean to hijack the thread Geeba so apologies if its come across that way.

Hi Hasan

No worries... did have a read about the Schimmel short run... their site claims +20WHP, but reading some reviews its at the cost of low end torque... the Schrick item seems to be the best all-rounder still... I've got a mate who has a Porsche tuning business and he looked at the stock manifold over the weekend as he's giving me a bit of a hand... his exact words were "that's an absolute monstrosity! - you can't put that back on the car!" lol :(

Here's some pics of the manifold. Was a bit dirty when I purchased it, so was planning on sanding it down through various grades.

Just needs a weekend or so of graft :-)

Looking for £900 collected (dirty manifolds on ebay were going for a lot more than that!)

Interesting comments. I do like the vr noise so just concerned that a short runner might lose that.. Did he advise anything there at all? Id rather not lose low end torque tbh in fact id sacrifice some top end to increase it lower down.

Dropped you a couple of PM's let me know what you think.

Was that to me?

The schrick inlet is best mod you can do to a n/a vr6 imo. Don't forget you'll need to modify the bonnet to fit it on corrado though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The schrick inlet is best mod you can do to a n/a vr6 imo. Don't forget you'll need to modify the bonnet to fit it on corrado though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes agree, known a few damaged bonnets due to this.

yes agree, known a few damaged bonnets due to this.

It fits if you modify the inner skin of the bonnet... theirs a thread on here about it.... but don't slam the bonnet if you've not modified the bonnet.

From memory the vw Vsr is a better fit.

It fits if you modify the inner skin of the bonnet... theirs a thread on here about it.... but don't slam the bonnet if you've not modified the bonnet.

Modify? clout with panel hammer? LOL!

Guess it also depends on how knackered your engine mounts are too :)

Will be brand new.... like pretty much everything else :(