Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Insurance question.

I am renewing my insurance and was wondering if i tell them i am a taxi driver (part time)will this improve my insurance as i use a company car to drive around will end up using my corrado only occasionally. Will this help, otherewise i am also a part time music teacher who teaches from home so i can say that is my job.

Do they like taxi drivers or hate them?

Beavisjem

Not going to get you any benefit. They may slap an exclusion on you using the Corrado as a Taxi. There's a novel idea :D

But, don't tell them and then risk them finding out that you are a part time taxi driver and invalidate a claim.

You're basically not telling the whole truth and as such, are technically driving uninsured.

Not particularly my personal view but that's about the most negative aspect to consider.

i take it youll be using one of the taxi company cars?if you are you will be on there insurance so why would you need to tell them as any claim against you will come from the taxi companies insurance...and your only going part time