NoisyVR

AUE Engine Swap

Afternoon guys.

It's my first post on here for those who haven't noticed.

I'm not normally one for forums but I'm hearing different opinions from enthusiasts within the crowd and would like others opinions.

I'm currently in the middle of sticking an AUE lump into my Corrado and have come to a dead end. Firstly I've noticed the engine mount, drivers side is hugely different and has no chance of being mounted without what I think maybe a welding job (which I don't particularly want to do). Does anyone who has done the AUE swap before know a way around this without any welding?

Secondly, for those who have done the AUE swap, what gearboxes and sub frame did you use?

I'm sure there's many more questions I need answering but I'm at wits end with it right now.

Help and opinions from those who know would be much obliged.

So its a 4mo engine? whats the base car? I'm presuming from your username its a VR6 so reuse subframe and gearbox, if its not a VR you'll need both from one. As for engine mount, bin the big heavy chunk of engine mount and fit the standard VR6 rear engine

Have a look in the 24v conversion thread, everything you will ever need to know plus a full DIY guide. Its suited for an R32 but it's fairly similar

Edited by swiftkid