Rpmayne

VR6 plugs and injectors pic, any comments

The VR6 has refused to idle for a while and a bit flat around 4.5k when it used to pull well. Had been stored for a while so been working through changing PSV, ISV, vacuum hoses, nothing made a difference.

It was rebuilt around 40k ago and the injectors weren't done, so thought I may as well get them cleaned and change the plugs.

See the attached (cylinder 1 plug, inj, cylinder 2 plug, inj etc..), looks like cylinders 2,4,6 are running rich where as 1,3,5 are ok. Sooty rather than oily (at least I hope so, wet at thread but hoping that's the WD40 I used to take them out).

Any ideas why the front bank would be different to the rear?

Cheers.

I'm sure I remember one bank runs hotter or something, or the fuelling has to be different for some reason. "Use the search, Luke."

Regarding your problem, have you scanned for faults? A failed cam position sensor can cause it to go flat at the top end I believe.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Tried VagCom, came up with nothing up. Idles lumpy but does idle when hot, temp sensors look sensible. Hoping its the injectors, but why would 2,4,6 be rich (almost oily) compared to 1,3,5? Tried the search but never very successful. I remember 6 being prone to going oval. Bottom end was rebuilt with new everything including pistons, re-honed. Just wondered whether anyone had noticed the same trait with theirs, and found a cause.