StainlessVR6

Does anybody know if you can fit pre facelift door cards into a facelift corrado?

Hi all, Pretty much as the title suggests, Does anybody know if you can fit 'Mk1' doorcards into a 'mk2' Rado? Jut wondering as I have finally found a leather interior for my car but it has old door cards eith the window swich in the card its self, Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The connectors for the switches are different iirc, but its do-able to convert them if you can get the bits from the loom to connect it from a breaker.

My late VR had early leather door cards when I bought it. Got late leather cards now, but the early ones meant it had two sets of window switches (one set on the later pods fitted, and ones in the door panel itself). The mirror switch was never connected up. They were ok, but they used to niggle me in the end. I switched to late cloth door cards while I waited for some leather ones to come along. Handle design is much nicer on the newer cards as well, the old handles looked very dated in comparison.

Is there a difference between handles? As i have late cloth cards in at the moment so was going to swap out my handles into them does that work?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

this is what the early cards look like....

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2946/321/7362660003_large.jpg

https://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/fit/730x700/media/5644760/Volkswagen%20Corrado%20(4).jpg

Not sure if you could cut the door card to take the handles, but the window switch holes would still be present regardless.

Edited by Tigerfish