andyhudson

corrado heated seats wiring

is anyone able to tell me what each terminal is on the 6 pin plug on the base of the seats. basically my heated seats are not working i thought originally it was just the drivers and suspected the usual broken wire in the base. I checked this and repaired it. but still nothing and also nothing on my passenger seat. Both relays click on you can hear them and i've had the door card off to check. i remember seeing somewhere the pins that should have continuity and the pins that should be 12v. on top of this when i did take rear quarter door card off there is a black wire clamped between the relay bracket and body (obviously an earth) but it is cut off and no sign anywhere of a the other end. which is strange.

3 questions.

What are the pins so i can test at the seat?

and also anyone know if there should be an earth to boday at the relays?

pins on the relay to check these also?

thanks andrew

I hope these help. The relays should be earthed using a Ring crimp at the car body. I'll try to remember and get a picture of mine tomorrow as the cards are off

Cressa623246e1a82f00fcb2a4d1a24c25dcda.jpg4acfa70fabb68333402bb7cb4482c85a.jpgc23565d1daf2406b7b90ae0a0295c242.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Searching on here is where I found lots of info. Including a wiring diagram relating to colours and numbers locations

I was searching all last night. My relay looks just like that. There doesn't appear to be anywhere a ring crimp can connect on your picture. I tried searching for a picture of relays on a car for reference but I luck. I found through search that 1 and 2, 3 and 4 should have continuity. Should I have a voltage between 5 and 6 then?

I'll try and test in a bit when I have more time. I believe the earth should have gone to the body bolt but the screw was easy for me3e1e9c2e6174adf14bfd198c4823bf05.jpg

Much appreciated is your help so far. It appears my drivers seat must have a break in the backrest as I get no continuity. So I'll have to fix that. In the passenger side I get continuity on pairs 1-2. 3-4. And 2 volts on pins 5 and 6. I think my best bet is to strip the drivers and fix that break and then I know 100% this seat is ok.

Your picture shows the earth to body reentering the wiring loom not going back to the relays. I have cut back the tape on my loom a good 6 inch and no signs of the other end of the wire. I'm absolutely baffled with this wire.

I suppose this earth could be back at the body anywhere...either at the connection joint near the glove Box area or somewhere from the switch. But all the original looms and pictures show it here. I'm in all afternoon if you need anything testing to compare

Both seats now have continuity on the two pairs of pins. Still no luck though. I'm wondering if the relays are both buggered despite clicking. I'm at a loss about this wire and can only assume it's from something a previous owner has done.

Well there fixed. I'm a shamed to say this but it seems the issue was two things. Broken connections in my drivers seat which I had fixed. And then the fact I had the plug in back to front on the dash dial. So I was sat in one seat and turning the other on haha. No idea why the plug isn't directional so it can be put in wrong. Cheers for your help. I guess I'll never know what the wire did

Glad you've sorted it. Satisfaction is always nice with a corrado