Sign in to follow this  
kongo127

SNS Stage II (full mods) - Top Speed???

Ok...

I´m running SNS Stage II chip + 3.5 fpr + K&N Panel Air Filter + Brand New SuperCharger + 68mm Pulley + ISV Check Valve.

The car is much more powerfull now! :o

Lots of torque! Wheels spinning even in 3rd gear!!! :shock:

I am very happy with these mods. :D

But i went to an horizontal highway and... only 230 Km/h = 143 mph! :wink:

The engine revs very fast, but i cannot go through the redline in 5th gear.

It gets stuck at 6000 rpm.

Is this normal? Good? Should it rev higher?

What do you think? :?

I have had my Golf G60 up to an indicated 240kph (149Mph) so I think yours is about right. I am not sure of the RPMs involved but I know its near the end of the scale..

My car has a 68mm Pulley and K&N Panel with SNS chip (no 3.5FPR or ISV Check). But my car being a golf is lighter and is also pretty slammed.

Oh and what the speed limit in Portugal..?

LOL...

Speed limit here is only 120 Km/h, 75 mph! :lol:

I did it at 3.00 am. :mrgreen:

The chip cuts out at 7000 rpm. 8)

But i cannot rev higher than 6000 rpm is 5th gear...

you're hitting the air resistance barrier there Kongo... 8)

That's the flat out speed of your car, the point where the engine's power is equalled by the resistance caused by the air in front of the car which stops you accelerating any more....

145 is about right for a G60.... 8)

To avoid this try and make your car more areodynamic or get more power :lol: Seriously why would you want to go faster than 140mph, oh except 3 in the morning :lol:

i've had 245 :p just and was getting close to the rev limiter so i slowed down, was it a really hot day?

Yes it was a slightly hot day...

But i don´t think it´s because of that... :roll:

The car is so much powerfull now.

I thought it would be much more faster too!

Although i think your Jet speed box is different from mine (dated 1990). :?

What next?

- Ultra-sonic fuel injectors cleaning?

- Check for engine compression / wear ?

145MPH!

I've never dared get that far round the speedo for a few reasons.. one being the police and a sneaky camera van on a bridge, and second is just the worry of something going bang at that kinda speed! The g-lader must be at its most ultimately stressed point, nearing 6000RPM at 145MPH? Or are there more stressful scenario's for the charger?

145MPH!

I've never dared get that far round the speedo for a few reasons.. one being the police and a sneaky camera van on a bridge, and second is just the worry of something going bang at that kinda speed! The g-lader must be at its most ultimately stressed point, nearing 6000RPM at 145MPH? Or are there more stressful scenario's for the charger?

The advantage of a spanish toll road, straight road for miles, the C is amazingly smooth at those speeds, must add, i wasn't looking at the speedo, and when i did, i slowed down pretty quick as i didn't seem fun anymore!

Now i agree with you Nigel!

The car has suberb handling at those speeds. :o

But i did not like the 145mph feeling either... :twisted:

The weather is so hot!

38ºC around here... :onfire:

Unfortunatly i have no airconditioner to cool me down, neither to give me those extra horses! :lol:

Poor little car... the radiator fan is always on! :shock:

I'm looking forward to winter to be honest, so I can see how well it makes the Corrado feel with the cold air.

Would it make you jelous kongo127 to tell you that even at this summer time (despite the weather being crap I have to say) my G60 on a long run in the evening, sits with the water temp about 74 centigrade? Rarely hear the radiator fan at the minute!

Update!

Now that the wintertime has arrived it seems that my new Golf G60 IC is taken advance with the 68mm pulley and 1.2 bar!

I´m hitting 245km/h now!

WOW!

What a ride! :)

I think it depends on loads of things, air temperature and track temperature, tyre pressure, tyres, engine power, whether or not you've taken your sub and/or spare wheel out the boot and above all; skill! You've got to be brutally quick with your gear changes. 14.9's a good time. The G60 gearbox tends to not be suited to 1/4 drags as you need 4th gear right at the end which is a bit of a pain.