Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

how to remove the carbon canister?

At the risk of feeling Dazzy's wrath :wink: could you search for this please?

There are plenty of existing threads which should be pretty exhaustive.

Ta

ps searching for " carbon AND remov* " is your best bet :)

Remove airbox

Detach the two carbon canister hoses

Remove the two 10mm self tappers

Pull CC out of wing

Block the black hose

Leave the clear hose open, but with a filter on the end to reduce petrol vapour smells.

And there you have it.

K

cool

havnt realy looked under my air box to know whats there

but would be very interested in a link to a good thread if anyones got it handy??!! :oops: :)

After you take it out whre do you relocate it??? cause on my VR i had to take it out to make room for my CAI but now i dont know where to put it so i have it right next to the motor but i knowthats not where it has to be.. :|

What type of filter do you put on the fuel breather? How much and where would I likely get one from as my local Kevscort Shop could only affer a small green filter at £22.

I used a radio controlled car engine filter on the end of mine and tucked the hose into an inner wing cavity. No petrol smells :mrgreen: Any decent hobby shop will sell a filter. Get a small foam one.

Just lose it altogether Neo, much easier and neater!

Just remember to block the black hose, leave the clear hose open and leave the blue frequency valve connected or the ECU will moan. Drape a hose into the CC hole for the tank vent and pack some foam around the pipe that goes into the hole and you won't get any petrol vapour smells :wink:

Andy Brookes, OK cool ! Thanks

kevhaywire, I didn't even know you can do that cause when i toke it out to put the CAI it was making this noise, i din't know what it was until i check and it was one of the hoses making a sucktion noise. if i do what you told me to do will it not do that anymore?

There are two hoses connected to the frequency valve. A long black one that goes to the CC, remove that completely. The second hose is a shorter S shaped one. Pull that off the valve too and block the end of the hose and leave connected to the throttle body. No more sucking noise!

Or you could just run the tank vent hose through the frequency valve system and just do away with the carbon canister, so the tank vent will fumes will be burned off as normal but disconnect it for the MOT or the hydrocarbons will be too high and it'll fail.

K