BarberG60

G60 carbon canister removal

Guys, I know this can be binned from the engine bay of a G60, but just wanted to see what needs to be removed and what needs to be blanked

Does anyone have any pictures or a guide on removal of it?

Thanks

Basically there are two pipes that go the the throttle body (large and small) and and another on the front of the inlet manifold plumbed into the servo vacuum pipe than need removed and blanked off. The easiest way would be to cut small sections off the original CC pipework and block them with suitable sized bolts. There is also a breather pipe coming from the fuel tank which needs to breath. Some put a little filter on it and route it underneath the airbox. Theoretically it could be plumbed into the bottom of the airbox too and just recirculated that way. There was an diagram floating about the web for it but can't seem to find it now. Probably lost with all the rest of the photobucket images I assume.

Cheers for the help guys.

Have removed it all now.

Small vacuum on the back of the throttle body called. Larger one on the side of the throttle body called. The one that's on the front of the inlet (in the middle) has been called off.

My only question is the one that's on the brake servo line that loops into the inlet manifold on the end, is that to now be capped off completely or looped back in?

Cheers for the help guys.

Have removed it all now.

Small vacuum on the back of the throttle body called. Larger one on the side of the throttle body called. The one that's on the front of the inlet (in the middle) has been called off.

My only question is the one that's on the brake servo line that loops into the inlet manifold on the end, is that to now be capped off completely or looped back in?

Dont get wot u mean stick up a photo of it and ill try to help

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That should read capped, not called. That's predictive text for you and me not checking.

I will get a pic up tomorrow when it's light again, but I am left with an open vacuum coming from the shutoff valve. Wasn't sure if I cap it or loop it back in somewhere

When started the idle shoots up to 2k now so it's obvious that it can't stay open due to the air leak.

I'll grab a picture.

Thanks

That should read capped, not called. That's predictive text for you and me not checking.

I will get a pic up tomorrow when it's light again, but I am left with an open vacuum coming from the shutoff valve. Wasn't sure if I cap it or loop it back in somewhere

When started the idle shoots up to 2k now so it's obvious that it can't stay open due to the air leak.

I'll grab a picture.

Thanks

Ahh i no which one you mean. Block it off.

The black one that comes thru the bulkhead goes to the little yellow valve.

You can see it taped to the larger servo feed in the photo of mine above.

Hmm, interesting.

My valve is black instead of yellow (I doubt that's a problem). There are two nipples on that but they are looped together with one piece of hose. I will plug the vacuum from the bulkhead onto it and blank one and see what happens.

Its an emissions reducer.

The breather from the petrol tank feeds into it and then feeds back into the engine to stop releasing into atmosphere.

Benefits are less pipework which coul leak.

Leaves a hole which can be used to add an extra cold air feed into bottom of airbox.

And looks better

Ok that makes sense. Going to stick to OEM so don't want to remove it but would look at leaving in place for the oem look but find some way to disconnect it if it makes much of a difference? What's your opinion?

After 25 years the carbon canister is next to useless anyway.

I don't doubt that. Not worried about the functionality of it but as I said looking for the OEM look. Might look into using it to disguise a cold air feed. Would that be a possibility? Has it been done before?