Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Unplugging ISV on G60

Is there any harm in unplugging the ISV on a G60? By unplugging, I mean disconnecting the power to it. I plan on removing it in the near future. Cant get the damn car to idle properly. It doesn't hunt but sits at 14-1500 all the time. Its quite imbarrassing in town!! :oops:

Anyway, when I unplug it the idle sits steady at 1k and the car still goes fine.

cheers

Timo.

If it idles steady but too high with the ISV connected, you need to set it up properly.

Unplug the blue temp sensor set the tickover using the screw on the throttle body. Reconnect the blue temp sensor and Bob should be your uncle.

I wouldn't remove it.

Gavin

tried that already, no use at all!!! Cant tighten the screw anymore to lower the idle. ISV has now gone :mrgreen:

There's been a few threads on this before and removing the ISV seems to have no depremental effects. I could be wrong!

cheers

Timo.

check that the idle switch is being pressed (and works!) when the throttle is shut... I forgot to re-connect it after doing my head gasket and the idle was around 1400rpm until I realised what a muppet I'd been... :oops: :roll: :lol:

idle switch works fine, even tested it with a multimeter. throttle presses it with ease when the throttle is shut.

Got rid of the ISV now and have blocked off the pipes. Idles fine now 8) , Finally!

Ta

Timo.

The ISV on a G60 controls the release of excess boost into the boost return pipe 'off-throttle', so won't you get problems like odd running, and more stress on the supercharger?

My 16 valve ISV seems a bit funny too, when unplugged the revs rise too bout 1400, and thats with the Co set at bout 1.5% and the idle screw fully wound in, dont know what to do to lower the tickover, with it all connected it sits at just over a 1000, which isnt too bad, but i thought that the rpm was supposed too drop with it disconnected.