mandipvirdi

Central locking issue

Hi all,

I have an issue on my central on my corrado.

when i twist the key in the drivers door, it unlocks the drivers and passengers door not the boot? Is this normal?

Also when i try and lock the car, the drivers door gets locked but the passengers one doesnt and i have to do that manually?

Any ideas on what the issue could be with this? Has anyone experienced this before, and anyone know what i could do to fix this issue?

Cheers in advance.

I think it could be either a leak in one of the lines or one of the actuators in that door is not working. I don’t remember if the boot uses one to lock the rear or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it could be either a leak in one of the lines or one of the actuators in that door is not working. I don’t remember if the boot uses one to lock the rear or not.

I will get the door card off and see if there is a hole in the vacuum line. Where is the actuator for the central locking on this car placed?

And i am not sure about the boot, hoping someone could advise on that too.

There are two positions for the boot lock. If I remember right straight up and down opens with the central locking and horizontal keeps it locked until you use the key. Maybe worth a look.

It’s the same on the mk2 scirocco as I now remember the boot will lock/unlock all the locks when working but boot won’t unlock from front driver.

If the boot lock is up and down it still doesnt look with the central locking from the drivers door.

Where would this issue lie? Passenger and boot dont lock from drivers door, so surely there must be a common problem between the 2?

Where is the system located for the central locking?

There are actuators in both doors and a pump in the rear side panel. So you’ll have to take the panels off and see what’s going on with pass side actuator. Probably a leak on that side.

Hi all,

I have an issue on my central on my corrado.

when i twist the key in the drivers door, it unlocks the drivers and passengers door not the boot? Is this normal?

Also when i try and lock the car, the drivers door gets locked but the passengers one doesnt and i have to do that manually?

Any ideas on what the issue could be with this? Has anyone experienced this before, and anyone know what i could do to fix this issue?

Cheers in advance.

This could also be down to the microswitch in the handle for the drivers door. It could be working to unlock, but not lock whereas turning the key obviously turns the lock manually. Have you tried locking it with the key in the passengers door and see what it is doing from that side?

This could also be down to the microswitch in the handle for the drivers door. It could be working to unlock, but not lock whereas turning the key obviously turns the lock manually. Have you tried locking it with the key in the passengers door and see what it is doing from that side?

If i remember correctly, when i try and lock from passenger door nothing happens, doesnt even manually lock the passenger door, i have to physically push the stub down inside and then shut the door closed to lock it. Can the microswitch be changed in the door?

I will strip the rear panels and have a look at the pump and take the front door cards off and look at the vac lines.

I know that on my b4 the handles white nylon mechanism has to be on the lock lever to work right. Mine pass side would go back up if it wasn’t aligned correctly. You can check ohms with a multimeter at the handle plug to see if you have resistance at all. I heard that the micro switches can be repaired to some degree. Search Jetta/golf forums for that.

The central locking should work regardless of whether either switch works; if the pump is energized it will lock/unlock the system. Unfortunately as far as I am aware the switch cannot be replaced by itself - they are built into the handles, however you might find that the cable has rotted out - as is typical at the connector, mine had done on both my corrados and needed repairing. You should be able to turn the key at least, can you do that in the passenger handle? That sounds like a separate issue however.

If the vac lines were damaged you would hear the pump whir and whir and would hear a leak whilst it tries to build pressure so it probably issue that - sounds electrical related to me

The central locking should work regardless of whether either switch works; if the pump is energized it will lock/unlock the system. Unfortunately as far as I am aware the switch cannot be replaced by itself - they are built into the handles, however you might find that the cable has rotted out - as is typical at the connector, mine had done on both my corrados and needed repairing. You should be able to turn the key at least, can you do that in the passenger handle? That sounds like a separate issue however.

If the vac lines were damaged you would hear the pump whir and whir and would hear a leak whilst it tries to build pressure so it probably issue that - sounds electrical related to me

If i put the key in the passangers door, its very stiff and is very hard to twist, and does pop back up if i manage to lock it with the key, i will have to strip both doors and see the issue. The car is currently in bits anyway as i had a darn leak come through the drivers side and fill the car up with 1inch of water front and back! looked under the scuttle panel and the weep holes were blocked with rubbish!!

Sounds like the lock barrel is full of grit. If you take the handle off you can take the barrel out and give it a clean. The likelihood is that both cables could have perished and need repairing. If you can solder it is simple to do.

Ah, that's a common issue finding the scuttle filled with leaves!

Sounds like the lock barrel is full of grit. If you take the handle off you can take the barrel out and give it a clean. The likelihood is that both cables could have perished and need repairing. If you can solder it is simple to do.

Ah, that's a common issue finding the scuttle filled with leaves!

I will give it a go on the weekend and update.

O tell me about it! Really got on my nerves that did, however been planning to rip out the interior for sometime so i guess it has just forced my hand to start doing the repair work to the car!