Will.I.Dub

2.0 8v outside temp display question

For any of you 8v drivers out there have you an outside temp display on your MFA? I thought I did but having taken my *v out of storage after 6 months I don't have. The front bumper has been off for a bit of touching up and perhaps the bodyshop disconnected it. A recent action shot cos everyone loves a pic!

b09e85c5c4575480147460b0b5486383.jpg

The sensor for the outside air temp is connected to the drivers side of lower grill part in the front bumper (Next to the tow eye cover on that side).

Chances are its disconnected still mate.

The sensor for the outside air temp is connected to the drivers side of lower grill part in the front bumper (Next to the tow eye cover on that side).

Chances are its disconnected still mate.

Thanks Sean, So I take it that just disconnecting the outside temp sensor will remove it from the MFA display, I would have thought I'd have a blank readout rather than the option having disappeared. The quirks of these cars never ceases to amaze me

It usually displays 99.9 if defective or disconnected I think. Don't know why it would have disappeared all together. Is it the same on trip and total (1 & 2)?

Its been so long since I used my car I can't remember if its displayed on both! lol.

It usually displays 99.9 if defective or disconnected I think. Don't know why it would have disappeared all together. Is it the same on trip and total (1 & 2)?

Its been so long since I used my car I can't remember if its displayed on both! lol.

Yes it's the same on MFA 1 & 2, I really can't remember if it was there before, this car only comes out for the winter. I think it was but would like to hear from another 8v owner. I can't see why it would be any different to VRs and the others though. Maybe a disconnect and reconnect of the battery would be worth a try