sandman3082

Engine misfiring and oil light after 4000rpm.

Hi guys, my corrado vr6 has been lying up for 3 years. Started it recently and it's badly misfiring and running rough. Last time this happened I fitted a new coil pack and everything ok. So I fitted new coil pack new spark plugs new leads, changed oil and filters and is still stuttering bad. Put new petrol in and took it for a spin, oil light comes on over 4000rpm. Does this sound like the oil pressure relief valve on oil pump is stuck allowing valves to not close fully and thus the rough running? Engine is quiet no rattles or bangs besides the rough running. Just wondering is oil light and engine misfire related?

Also when i disconnect the maf the engine dies out, when i unplug throttle valve sensor the idle goes to 1500rpm. When i disconnect the camshaft sensor there is no difference in the way the engine runs.when I unplug each spark plug the engine dies down a little. It's like my timeing is off or my valves arent closing or fuelling issues. But the oil light has me thinking the oil pressure relief valve. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Could be many things mate, Possible partially blocked injector/s, fuel filter clogged, sticking hyd. tappet..

I've got a set of Vr injectors that have been sitting for years, all 6 stuck solid..

First thing i'd do is to change the pressure switch, regarding the oil pressure, does the buzzer also come on with a bing, binging sound?

I also had a mega low miles Vr oil pump sitting on a shelf for donkey's years, that too also had a stuck press. relife valve!

Ye the buzxer sounds and light comes on and it doesnt stop until the I turn the engine off. When i take the filler cap off the head of the engine seems to be getting plenty of oil.

Iirc the head will, it's just not getting back to the sump.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Just an update concerning the lumpy running of engine. Took injectors out to clean and test, I have one faulty injector not opening so ordering new injector now