Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

Door window rubber surround can they be replaced

The door window rubber/plastic on the outside of my C is not in very good nick - form where someone in the past has possibly broken a window.

It seals ok but is very bumpy. can this be sorted out easily or is it a pointless exercise and costly at that?

That's just the bottom scraper/glass guide.

It's a chassis number job aswell because some Corrados had the scraper moulded to the main door seal.

Shouldn't be if it's a 94 as my 94 seals are seperate from the main seal. That's why you need the chassis number as it's one of those infamous change-over jobs..... :roll:

10 to 15 minutes to fit.... 8)

No tools required either... :D

How do you do it Henny? Another worthwhile thing to know about for when I have some spare cash.. my window scraper things are all pitted and mouldy now - just like the roof trim! :)

open window, pull hard on old strip, throw away old strip.

Carefully feed new strip in to mirror end first and make sure the groove in the scraper is lined up and over the top of the door properly, lay it down along that metal door top taking care not to bend the new scraper. When it's on all the way along, tap it down with the ball of your hand... DONE... 8)

Well, that's how I did mine anyway... 8)

I'll take photos when I do my passenger side one (got a pair at the same time, but the drivers one needed doing ASAP as it kept coming off! )

the problem is that the groove that the top of the door sits in opens up and it looses it's grip on the door.... when you close the window the seal moves with the glass.... :|

Also the moss and crud that collects on the seal wears it down and eventually wears it through to the metal which scratches your window costing you a damn site more than the seal would! :? :roll:

If it the rubber window guides then they are about £150 a side. Just found out when i pulled mine out and it ripped :cry:

Beavisjem

just replaced mine early on in the year scaper rubber was about £30,main rubber was about£70, but for the other side i just bought the scaper rubber from the stealers because by the time that gpc added the postage it was more expensive.