flat4matt

Long time Corrado fan but thinking heavily about pulling the trigger now :)

Hi all, As the title says really, always loved these things and had a lot of VAG stuff over the years (still have a rather special aircooled long time project in the garage) and I'm after something nice as a daily while I finish all the other projects (four currently!)... So here I am!

I would say go for it and 3 weeks ago I was in a similar position. For 15 years I'd wanted something special and Corrado VR6 was always on my list, but having a family/marriage and buying houses always took priority.

Now also seems to be good time to buy a Corrado if you believe the hype of them going up in value. I'm gutted I missed out on the BMW e30s and remember when nice 325i Sports were circa £3k for a nice one - now look at them!

Matt

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your search, there are a few bargains to be had still, and a few have popped up here recently. Get in before the weather starts getting better and prices start increasing!

I'm pretty sure I'll end up with either a Corrado and a nice mk2 GTI, just got to try and find the right one that's not the other end of the country! I don't mind travelling if I know it's going to be a good car but I've had lots of wasted journeys over the years too...

Like I say I do have a fairly eclectic project collection at the minute. The avatar is of my 2332cc Bug, I've also got a defender 110 on the go and a single turbo RX-7. The only one that works at the mo is my current daily (that I'm not that in love with) which is a 350z, nothing wrong with it but just isn't really doing it for me... Hence I'll be swapping that out for a Corrado hopefully :)