Sign in to follow this  
Eug

Have I set an official record ... for the most written-off ?

OK I have declared the tints and they have now got back to me with a "market value".

She said they are prepared to pay me ... wait for it ... in fact let me elaborate.

Apparently they have found "perfect match sir".

Same year, same mileage but with a special Karmann interior.

Whoo I wish mine had a Karmann interior.

That one is selling for £3700 and that's what they're prepared to offer !

I asked her if it had leather or not but she couldn't tell me.

"Mine's got leather I said and that's at least a nother few hundred pounds".

Random Corrado

WTF !

I'm now copying and pasting every single ad on Autotrader to educate them in the prices ...

BIG difference. That's a RED one, not a metallic. The leather and metallic paint combo is worth another £500.

Plus your VR had had an engine rebuild, no?

Exactly ... no engine rebuild, no.

I can't believe the cheek.

They've just look at AutoTrader for the "Market Value" and picked the cheapest M-reg on there.

How professional.

They mentioned the Glass's guide before for obtaining Market Values,

but now I'm beginning to think that lady needs her friggin glasses !

All sorted now - Elephant increased their offer so I can now go and buy another one in the same condition 8)

And the bit about my policy being cancelled ?

Good news is that as a "goodwill gesture" they've given me a rebate if I decide to insure with them again.

If I get another Corrado VR6 in the same condition and worth the same, they'll only charge me £360 for a new policy :shock:

Cool thing is it's a 10-month policy which means I can clock up my first 1-year NCB sooner.

Good chaps them Elephants.

carspeech.gif

It's easy.

It's fast.

It's Elephant.co.uk.

Ah but please bear in mind that 10-month no claims won't be valid as a "year" for any other insurer... Still a bit cheeky of them to ask you to pay what is effectively the excess up-front for another policy when you've already paid for the 12 months on the old policy...

If I get another Corrado VR6 in the same condition and worth the same, they'll only charge me £360 for a new policy :shock:

Cool thing is it's a 10-month policy which means I can clock up my first 1-year NCB sooner.

Good chaps them Elephants.

Watch out with these Bonus Accelerator schemes as it limits your choice when it comes to renewal next year as very few companies will accept it as one year, so you may end up with little choice other than to continue with Elephant.

Well, a happier ending than we might have feared :) Congrats! (and I thought you were going to South Africa...?)

Well, a happier ending than we might have feared :) Congrats! (and I thought you were going to South Africa...?)

Still planning ... might be time for a winter World Tour.

Recently discovered snowboarding at the indoor Milton Keynes slope.

Blagged my way in there cos you have to be able to demonstrate the minumum standards

ie heel edge, toe edge and linking your turns otherwise you have to go for lessons first.

Been three times now and my style has been described as oldschool 70's downhill skateboarding.

I've got a Sector 9 downhill board which is coated in fibre-glass so it's flexes.

Combine that with my wakeboarding experience and I picked up snowboarding pretty quickly I think.