nutter driver

White plastic scuttle clips

Anybody got any n-o-s or usable second hand clips that hold the scuttle trims on? Vw part number 535 853 832A, but sadly no longer available from them, or seemingly, anyone else!! I know they were available until a few years ago from vaious threads on here, so im hoping somone might have a handfull lying around......

Pete

There are actually two parts, the white clip and a clear grommet underneath, i was able to buy the white bits a few years back but the grommet was obsolete by then.

Think i ended up sticking mine on with foam tape

Cheers Jim! ive checked at vw, both obsolete, although the grommets are available from vw heritage (part number 535853837 for anyone who finds this thread by google etc) for 80p each at time of writing, the white plastic clips are nowhere to be found...... sticking them on may well also be the route i have to go down. Frustratingly, ive actually got most of them, its just that i have some rust around the general area, so need to take them all off to repair and paint properly, after which there wont be any left that are as vw intended!!

It was the other way round a couple of years ago. I got the clips from heritage but the grommets weren't available, now they are but the clips aren't!It may be worth calling vw heritage to see if they are still available to order from Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a Dutch company Sinatec who make them but a minimum order was 250 Euro plus postage I passed the details to Anna at heritage to consider. was hoping someone would make them 3D printer? need them myself

I found a Dutch company Sinatec who make them but a minimum order was 250 Euro plus postage

Guess ill probably get the same email tomorrow then!! I found them and emailed them today!!

Im currently harrassing everyone i can find that breaking a 'rado to see if i can get one or two off each!! Im 6 short at the moment...... Good news is, ive figured out how to remove them without any damage.... push the centre pin through the middle until it falls into the scuttle (white plastic, ive got a dark car, so easy to spot) then just lift the clip out

you know that the little plastic cups they sit in are (or were until i ordered all of the uk stock!! Sorry) available from heritage??

I managed to get both parts sometime ago, but damaged one and made a replacement white plastic one from a door card front/back edge clip using a bench mounted grinder, modifing the profile. Worked perfect after a couple of attempts.

Guess ill probably get the same email tomorrow then!! I found them and emailed them today!!

Yep, got a very polite, cant help unless you want 1000 units email this morning. It would probably be worth someone like heritage getting some though, but a little out of my league!!

Im gonna see what turns up second hand at the moment, ive got about 5 people looking (anyone who advertised a car for breaking in the last 6 months has had emails from me now i thnk!!) if nothing turns up, then ill look at making somthing up for the missing ones....