volksworld13

Electric Headlamp motors / wiring wanted

Hi guys I’m on the look out for a pair of electric headlamp motors for my corrado .

Preferably a kit with wiring and switch.

Cash waiting.

Alex

For the wiring, there is a link loom from the switch to the fusebox assembly, and then it's a whole headlight loom replacement with one that has the wiring for range adjustable lamps in it. Often available on German ebay, where this was a more common option. The motors are not specific to the Corrado, so should be easy to find.

Replacing the loom is a lot of hassle, and it's possible to run a new loom yourself - each motor has 3 pins, one for 12v current, one for earth and the middle pin for the signal from the switch, so it's easy enough to come up with something.

I have the parts stashed away somewhere and have not got around to fitting them yet - will see if I can dig out part numbers and a wiring diagram for you.

Thanks veedubbed, let me know what you have. Pm prices and details.

Federvg- thanks for the write up. To clarify things. Part number and pics would be superb. This should be a sticky really. With a full conversion write up.

To save having to change the entire headlamp loom, you could just get an uprated loom that already has the proper electric motor conectors fitted. Rayne Automotive did them, if not i'm sure they are available on ebay too.

The motors are corrado specific, the plungers and end fittings are unique to the corrado, you'll also need the adaptors, if not already present on the motors. I had a few of them.

If you could send me your email i could get you a few photos sent directly off the phone..