Sign in to follow this  
King_prawn

Need help!

O.K ive bought a set of FK Konigsport shocks, but im baffled by the height adjustment. When i wind the adjuster rings up the body of the damper all it seems to be doing is compressing the helper spring. Surely this cant be right.

Ive taken the springs off the damper and tried to pull the shaft out to see if the damper can be lengthened, but as far as i can tell its fully extended.

Can anyone tell me the fully extended length of the damper?

I want to run the car as high as possible on these shocks, so i think im right in thinking the rings need to be at the top of the damper body.

Any information on this would be great as all the literature that came with it is in German :(

Cheers

Rob

thats exactly what it should do,the further you wind the platforms up,the highr the car will sit and vice versa

same with all coilovers King_prawn, stick 'em on the car with 'em set reasonbly high up towards the top of the thread, then drive the car a little bit to get it to settle, work out how much lower/higher you wanna go with it on each wheel, and adjust it accordingly.... 8)

Remenber to have the camber adjustment done otherwise you will shag your tires in no time (laser alignment). Also did you buy the bolts from VW for lowered suspension setup. These allow more adjustment as there is only thread 3/4 of the way up the bolt i seem to remember.

The VW bolts have a 'waisted' shank on them which allows more movement.

I have run monster amounts of negative camber on most of my cars cos I like the way they turn in. It has never shortened the life of my tyres or worn them on the insides, even when I was doing 15000 miles a year.

If you don't put the camber back to where it was prior to fitting the new suspension, the change in camber also alters the tracking. It is the incorrect tracking settings that ruin tyres.

Gavin