Sign in to follow this  
Trilidon

Schroth Rallye Harness

ANyone have these? Possibly pics of them in their Rado?

I'm debating on getting the Scroth Rallye 3 point harness or 4 point harness's. My auto seatbelts dont feel like working, and frankly I want harnesses for autocross anyway!

Anyway, anyone able to tell a difference between the 3 and 4 point? Safety differences, etc etc?

3 point harneses - two straps over your sholders and one between your legs buckle in the middle

4 point harneses - two straps over your sholders and one either side of your legs buckle in the middle

three point would be a problem with standard seats

I've got a Schroth ASM II its great, its a 3 point harness with a 4 point fit if you like

it has two sholder harnesses that are sown together behind you and all buckes up at the front. It has an auto lock switch that locks as soon as you boot it or brake, its great. BEWARE they come in Left Hand and Right hand versions

download.php?id=3157

A three point harness just has three mounting points whereas a four point has four. Generally the only difference is that the two shoulder straps mount at the same point for a 3 point whereas they mount seperately on a 4 point. Neither has a strap between the legs. To have a stap between your legs you would need a circular buckle rather than a std seat belt style buckle.

The pic above shows a "3 point" harness however if you seperated the shoulder straps and mounted them apart from one another then it becomes a "4 point".

G60 Jet - What is the lock like in traffic? I have been considering a set of harnesses for track days but can't stand not being able to lean forwards to check for traffic at junctions and these sound like the ideal solution

G60 Jet - What is the lock like in traffic? I have been considering a set of harnesses for track days but can't stand not being able to lean forwards to check for traffic at junctions and these sound like the ideal solution

Its on an Autolock system that lets you move around like a normal seat belt but as soon as you boot it or brake it looks right up, there is a recoil system mounted in on the C pilar that is controled electronically.