Sign in to follow this  
Blair

My tidied '92 G60

Well, here we go - picked it up yesterday, and it's looking nice and tidy now!

I haven't fitted the side rubbing strips yet - not sure whether to or not, I prefer the look without them BUT I want the sides to have SOME protection, and I also want the car 100% standard (apart from the clear repeaters ;) )

The roof strips aren't back on yet either, but I've just picked up some trim tape to put them back on (I was a bit concerned they might fly off at speed otherwise).

There IS one small blemish I found on the passenger door where it looks like the paint has reacted - a very, very small patch of 'orange-peeling', smaller than a 1p coin. It's going back in on Thursday to have that door repainted (if a job's getting done - and being paid for - it's getting done right!)

Anyway, here it is for now - yes, the wheels need a clean, but I've not had time just yet..!

Looking at 'Corrado1.jpg' - just had to take that shot, the sun was at the right angle to bring out the blue mix in the paint. It looks like Aqua Blue Pearl in that shot, but it's not :)

Now I've just got to decide whether to sell or keep...it looks so good now I'm tempted to keep, but I'm also tempted by CliveyP's VR6. Decisions, decisions...I guess if the right offer were to land in my lap, I'd be paying CliveyP a visit...:)

Nice lookin standard G60 :) , That first pic like u said really does look like Aqua pearl when the sun hits it.

I'm still decideing on what too do with my side strips, lose um, paint um or keep um way they are.

looks very nice mate, definately something to be said for keeping them standard

Looks very nice Blair - can't wait to see how transformed it is at the next pub meet thingy.

So if this guy does that small bit of re-repair again for you without too much fuss, would you be happy to reccomend him? I got bodywork on mine which needs doing eventually and the price you got seemed very good, as does the quality of the work!

Top stuff :)

You might want to consider some new roof gutter trim things btw whilst they are off - if you are gona put em on, might as well put new ones in there instead :)

It looks like moonlight blue too me, which is my favourite Corrado colour. I had a moonlight blue 16v and it used to look fantastic. I now have a mystic blue Storm and even though I love it I still prefer moonlight blue :wink: That G60 looks fantastic. :D

So if this guy does that small bit of re-repair again for you without too much fuss, would you be happy to reccomend him? I got bodywork on mine which needs doing eventually and the price you got seemed very good, as does the quality of the work!

Top stuff :)

You might want to consider some new roof gutter trim things btw whilst they are off - if you are gona put em on, might as well put new ones in there instead :)

I'll reserve judgement until the door's done properly - to be honest, I was a bit cheesed off that I went to pick it up and found that. To my mind, he should have noticed it and done it already. Having said that, he didn't kick up any fuss about doing it again, and did say that the reaction must have occurred recently as he'd inspected it after painting it and it was all OK. He did also say to examine the rest of the car just in case there were any other reactions and he'd sort them out too, so he seems OK. I probably WOULD recommend him now, but I'll wait until it's all done to my satisfaction :)

As for the roof gutter trim, I trimmed mine down as other people have done and will try that first. James Renshaw did the same on his, and I didn't even notice the difference until he pointed it out!

Looks great pal, what colour is it exactly? if its not aqua blue Pearl

It looks like moonlight blue too me, which is my favourite Corrado colour. I had a moonlight blue 16v and it used to look fantastic. I now have a mystic blue Storm and even though I love it I still prefer moonlight blue :wink: That G60 looks fantastic. :D

Yep, Moonlight Blue Pearl Cheers David - and I agree, it's probably my favourite colour as well - I love the way it changes depending on the light and the angle. It's almost like a very subtle flip - most people think it's black, but catch the light right and it's a vivid Aqua Blue colour. Very nice :)

I DO love Mystic Blue as well too...:)

Picked it up AGAIN today - the small patch turned out to be just the surface of the laquer, the guy has polished it out a treat.

Although he did say Moonlight Blue Pearl was a bit of a nightmare to paint, considering he was only doing select panels and not the whole car :)

paint reactions are just one of those things :( as long as he sets it right then no worries :)

looks good to me - mine is getting the same treatment now. all the shabby bits minted !!! :mrgreen:

Looks awesome! Ya cant beat a C in black (sorry looked black).

Think you should put the side rubbing strips back on, don't know what it is but gives the corrado more of an edge!

Just my opinion tho :D

looking good! if you do look at selling, any idea on price?

Depends when I sell really - having problems getting work to stump up for a car / car allowance, so until that's sorted I'll need to keep it :)

It's gone 45,000 miles since the last 'charger rebuild as well, so I might just need to spend the 500 quid on getting that done. With a charger rebuild I'd be looking at around 3250, without getting it done around 2750 I suppose.

But it all depends on work! I've already stuck 2000 miles on it with work this year and I can't bear to run it into the ground, would rather get something newer and let this go to a good home :)