Sign in to follow this  
Neocorrado

Splash guard

i don't know what to do i need a splash guard under my motor now, i have a CAI and now i can't drive in the rain so someone please HELP me and tell me where i can get one or what to do :(

it may be worth you trying to find a Golf Diesel in a scrap yard... They had them fitted as standard, and seeing as the Corrado subframes are almost identical, it won't take a lot to fit one.... 8)

Dunno if this will protect the bit you need to though...

Thanx !!! i'm going to do my best to get one this week, cause i need it bad. I'll let you know how i make out!! good looking out Henny :mrgreen:

Please, i would love it if you gave me the part #, that way i can just look for it online if i dont have time to go to the scrap yard. Thank you :D

we're talking about a splash guard for under the corrado.

Roger Blassberg, Golf MKII Diesels were fitted with an under engine guard which prevented large amounts of road crud getting onto the engine... just helps with keeping things nice and dry and clean.... 8)

about £25 from vw. You can also get a k@n pre-charger (I think that's what it's called), a bag to cover the filter, which protects the filter from dust. Here's a pic of the pre-charger and splash guard:

oops, sorry! :oops:

It's a type of induction air filter which you tend to stick through the carbon cannister hole so that it can't draw hot air in from the engine... 8)

So, how much of the underside of the engine bay does the cover, erm, cover? And will they also fit early cars / 16v's?

In that photo the plastic guard which covers the crank and pas pulley is missing for some reason, but when it is in place it touches the splash guard and in effect boxes in the air filter i.e. the plastic inner wheel arch, plastic pulley cover and splash guard forms a protective box.

The splash guard is about 30 cm square and is fixed to the front spoiler and the plastic inner wheel arch with self tapping screws so it only covers the area infront of the wheel up to the front spoiler and engine block. Suppose it would fit on early cars.

Good looking out with that part # Corradovr6sc, i'll see if i can get a ASAP cause it's a pain driving without it i always have to make sure it"s not raining and that can be a pain so i guess now i'm saved. I'll let you guys know whats up after i get it i just hope its enough :D

corradovr6sc, Is that your car with the schrick monifold ? cause i've been looking for one but with no luck so i think i'm going to get the EIP manifold but i just wanted to know how does it feel with the schrick cause i have the schrick 268 cams already and maybe i should just wait til i can find a shrick or afford a brand new one, what do you think :?:

Id like to here everyones opinion about that

Thank you...