deamon90002004

Help 91 g60 half clocks dont work etc

Hey all, really need help, i was driving to work and fuel, speed and revs went to nothing, mfa, and odometer still work with the rest of the lights, i thought id have a look at fuse box and 3 relays were part out so pushed them into place, number 18 and 30 were HOT and i mean HOT to touch on the top row and 08/80 on bottom was warm, pushed them in (as they were the loose ones) and still nothing. I pushed the wires on the back of the fuse box amd heard something click into place. I looked out the rear window and my spoiler was half stuck down, and then i could amell burning in the dash so i disconnected battery, help?

Sounds like you have the twin LDC cluster, yes?

I'd first wip the cluster out and see if it is that that smells or something else behind the dash.

If it is the cluster you will have 2 possible choices, remove the front plastic and gauges, find what has burnt and if you are lucky and the damage is limited, replace it (or have someone else replace it)

Or, buy another cluster.

It does all sound cluster related with the loss of gauges and the spoiler stuck.

Can you move the spoiler manually?

No i cant move it on the button, but a couple of people ive spoke to say cluster

That sounds a bit odd, at the moment I dont have a cluster in mine at all and I can move the spoiler with the button

Could be a bit more than cluster, maybe some wiring has fried

Be good to know what you find

OK, still could be wiring but maybe check the spoiler control box that is at the front of the dash, kinda behind the area below the light switch

Ive managed to sort it, fuse 16 knocked out everything i mentioned, due to spoiler being stuck in the runners, found the manual control and it went bang when i released it, greased it up and manual moved it till as smooth as should be, new fuse and perfect. The smell was fuse 16 melting thr plastic of the fuse itself.

Thanks all for advice