robrado974

Central locking failed again .

I sorted this a couple of weeks ago . The pipe had come off . Just locked the car and it’s come off again . I’ve noticed recently the window hits something on the way down . So off comes the door card again tomorrow to get this sorted. I wanted to go to killarton house tomorrow, to the car show , but I can’t go unless I get this sorted, as the passenger door won’t lock .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you lock it with the key ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes Jon . Obviously the passenger door stays unlocked, I don’t have a key for that side , another issue I have to sort out . I’ve just put the window down and you can hear it hitting something, it can only be hitting the pump surely?, there’s nothing else there to make that sort of noise . I will remove the door card tomorrow morning so I can see what’s going on . Whatever is happening it’s definitely hitting the pump tube otherwise it wouldn’t keep pulling it away from the pump .

Ah the key doesn't work got you. Yeah Sounds Like The Window Is Pulling the pipe off the connection should be an easy fix.

Ah the key doesn't work got you. Yeah Sounds Like The Window Is Pulling the pipe off the connection should be an easy fix.

That’s what I thought last time bud . We just reconnected it and all was well . But as I said it’s hitting something even when the pipe is off . I will take a look tomorrow. The pump may have moved off of its fixing point ?.

All sorted. Although the mechanism was fine before hand and there wasn’t any snags , it appears that when the car went in for paint and the door handle parts were replaced , they put the wire the wrong side of the sliding mechanism. Hence it was hitting it on the way down and the pipe , eventually pulling the pipe away from the pump .

Easy fix then

Yes .