Lucassayers7

Widen Corrado to fit 225/50r16 on 16x9 et27

Hello all I am currently running 16x9's with 205/45r16 which is too stretch and i enjoy driving my TDI corrado but the beads like to pop off when driven hard around corners. Also there is scraping on bumps, all fenders are rolled hard. Plan to get 225/50 for my dub rims, realize this will be worse in rubbing but better for driving the way i want. I have done fender flares to an mk1 rabbit before but corrado's dont look right with flares unless custom made or the reiger widebody(not in budget).

My plan is to just cut strips in the front fenders raise it a bit and add metal in between and weld it up or cut off the whole bubble part add metal there. But in the rear wondering best options for the rear quater how to deal with the two panels where it could possibly be cut and welded up to give room and to help ewiden the rear.

If you have any pics of what you've done or idea's on how to make it look semi nice in the end let me know, Thanks for everyone's time.