P3rks

WANTED: VR6 (post '93) - Any Colour, but must be well cared for

I have one now - no longer looking.

Edited by P3rks

Yeah it's a tad overkill however still a nice example for what it is.

Why the preference for a coil version over dizzy?

Yeah it's a tad overkill however still a nice example for what it is.

Why the preference for a coil version over dizzy?

It is very nice and does look like it's done to a high standard. It's more for running reliability and that I'd probably go OBD2 in the future. And I really don't like the earlier shapes/dash.

Yeah I guess it is all down to personal choice. I used to own a 91 G60, for some reason I prefered the early dash and the slide heater controls etc, now I have a 93 VR Dizzy with a late dash.

Understandable then if your looking towards ODB2.

How about keeping the topic running and update with new Corrado, just a thought. 🤩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a few years without my Corrado, I'm now back with the opportunity - time, money and garage space :)

I'm looking for a well maintained and fettled example. I'm not expecting perfect, but I don't want a car which has been unloved so I'm left with a massive to-do list straight away. I want a car I can use straight away and keep up the preventative maintenance and restoration.

Ideally, the car would have:

1. A healthy service history and be up to date

2. Not previously resprayed unless genuinely really good (No overspray, no orange peel, no painted over rubbers or masking lines etc)

3. Manual

4. No obvious rust or previous MOT fails for corrosion. (I appreciate that at this age you might have the odd spot on the underside, wheel areas etc)

5. Leather (or leather/cloth Recaro)

6. Not have (or a minimum of) the common Corrado issues, heater controls, bonnet release cable, sunroof working, spoiler workings etc

7. Post 93 (coil pack version and silver VR6 badges)

8. Not (heavily) modified, unless to a good standard and sympathetic to the cars age/fellow owner recommendations

Essentially I want a clean and useable car, someone's pride and joy who is reluctant to sell and only wants the car to go to the right home: someone to hand over the torch to me so to speak - that's the car I really want.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806197641637