joeypineapplez

G60 revival. Brake pipes etc

Ive been away from the VW scene for some time now due to work and kids etc but after a CAR SOS marathon over the weekend Im determined to get my G60 back on the road. Its been idle for almost 5 years now (apart from driving around the yard on occasion). Anyway getting to the point, it failed its NCT (MOT) on knackered brake pipes and lines which is why i took it off the road and never got round to tackling this job.

Ive been searching on here for the last hour for info on pipe lines and good but inexpensive flaring tools, benders etc but most of the posts Ive read are years old and most of the links are dead so I was just wondering whats the latest in brake pipe technology as it were. Ive deceided cupro nickel seems to best the best option for me but can anyone give me a link to a decent pipe flaring kit. Has anybody tried this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282619663623?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

It seems to have everything ill need but is it decent quality ? I dont need anything too fancy as I will only be doing 2 G60s with it.

Thanks in advance and links are most welcome as I dont get much time for this sort of thing.

I got a similar kit from that seller, just without the flaring tool as I already had one of those. In all honesty, the bending tool is a bit pants and you won't get some of the tight bends you need with that, but it does help with ensuring you don't pinch the pipe. The cunifer pipes are the best option imo but you will need more than the 25m per car. I got 25m and I have only done the rear axle pipework to the bias Vv, and don't have anywhere near enough to finish. It is hard pipe though so a better cutting tool, and a good quality flaring tool is best suited to the job unless you just go copper.