Sign in to follow this  
kieron

VW Caddy Sport

Afternoon all,

Any Caddy nuts out there? Given space I'd love one myself.

Anyway was chatting to a guy at work I've known for a while and out of the blue I find out his dad has a VW Caddy Sport. Its a factory standard VW Caddy Sport with the exception of the wooden load bay cover. It has the same engine as a MK1 Golf GTi although its believed VW detuned it a little and also fitted a lower ratio gearbox. Its understood only 750 of these cars were made and his parents have owned this one from new.

Does anyone know a Caddy website or know much about caddys themselves? Specifically how rare is the Sport?

Caddy forum...... :)

http://www.vwcaddy.com

The caddy sport is reasonably rare, most of them seem to be owned by enthusiasts, having said that, we got our old one off a farm and we know of a couple other caddy sports for sale :)

ps he's not selling it is he ?

Nikki

It has apparantly been on axle stands for a couple of years and though his father isn't actively looking to sell it he would sell it. Its been up for sale in the past and most people that have come along believe its just a Caddy with a GTi body kit and engine swap and walk away even though he's shown them the manual.

Personally I think the sticking point might be the price. For a split second I was considering taking a look as I've always liked Caddys no matter how uncomfortable and noisey they are.

IMO the price is bordering on delusional despite the fact its 1 owner from new and "mint". Even on the first set of tyres!

£7000 is the asking price. :shock:

Now Then,

Fookin' £7000! Is he Pissed?????????? :shock:

Went to see the exact same one, in School Aycliffe I Believe, Does it have a bizarre wooden tonneau cover thing??

Tried selling it for them at Inters, but no bites, to expensive then (£4500 they wanted then) and still to expensive now!

One wnet on ebay a few months back for less than £2K and it were just as nice!

Cannot see how they can justify that price, at the end of the day, it's only worth what someone will pay for it and about £2K to £2.5K is about what it would make!

Steve

mine cost me £1600 and was in good condition. only 200 sports made iirc they are pretty rare but come up all the time. i know some people paid alot less. just depends on if the current owners know what they have. definately not worth £7k though!!!