Rocket Ron

Drivers side window mechanism

Hi

My drivers window has packed up have check and voltage is getting to the motor even had the complete thing out and it still does not work.

Anyone have one for a 94 VR.

Is the passenger side the same as drivers side and does any of the other VW group cars fit ours.

Cheers

Hello there,

I believe the electric window regulators are

specifically handed to each side, so I don't think you can change them from left to right or vice versa.

VW Classic Parts have stock of the left electric regulator, but the right one is still obsolete for now.

I think they might possibly stock the left & right manual regulators though.

There was a company online that sold after market electric window regulators for the Corrado, I'll see if they still do them.

Si

I think i might have a spare good spare complete Unit mate.

I'll check and see if it's the correct side first though.

Both sides are indeed different.

I've had a look online it appears that company no longer does the after market electric window regulators for the Corrado, they did about 3 years ago ARZ Tuning that is.

Si

Edited by vw rule

No never heard of them.

Looks like they've got a few parts for the Corrado though, I expect the shipping cost will be expensive ??

Si

I emailed them to ask them if the parts fit our uk Corrado. They said yes they do fit however due to the recent data protection changes they no longer send to the uk.

What about using an address pal site that gives you a postal address in the US and then ships it back to you? I've done this a few times and works out quite well although the shipping and taxes (if caught) can work out expensive.

I emailed them to ask them if the parts fit our uk Corrado. They said yes they do fit however due to the recent data protection changes they no longer send to the uk.

Thinking about it this might have been the company that was selling these electric window regulators for the Corrado back in 2015 on ARZ Tuning.

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-54060

Si

Has anyone used these aftermarket universal window regulators,

basically they operate the manual window mechanism and converts it to an electric window.

Link below of the YouTube video

Si

Looks like both the left & right manual window regulators for the Corrado are available, but the electric ones they've sadly sold out for now at Classic Parts.

I don't think there's enough room to attach that aftermarket regulator behind the door card, plus there's the issue of the manual window winder gear stem sticking out too far, might have to drill a hole so it can protrude through the door card slightly, then put some kind of cap over it ?

This might be an option for early Corrado owners who've already got manual windows ?

On the Corrado the electric window regulators look very similar to the manual one, there's clearly some differences though, a part from the obvious, do you think it's possible to dismantle an electric regulator motor, and fabricate it to fit a manual one, I'm guessing not it'll be too much hassle.

Si

Why not fix it? Usually the motor is fine, and the mechanism gets stuck at the top.

Yeah that's a fair point,

I'm just thinking out load seeing what options are available, and what others think.

Si

The good thing about that USA replacement regulator kit that they used to sell on the ARZ Tuning site, is that it has no cables so is gear driven.

On most of the cable operated regulators they tend to get a lot of free play, where the cable frays or will stretch over time.

Whereas on the gear driven one it's just the teeth on the mechanism gear, and the motor it's self that will wear out,

basically less to go wrong and more of a simplified system so to speak.

Si

On 8/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, vw rule said:

Thinking about it this might have been the company that was selling these electric window regulators for the Corrado back in 2015 on ARZ Tuning.

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-54060

Si

This just appeared in my recommendations on YouTube so thought I'd post a link to it, basically it's a video of someone who fitted one of the USA aftermarket regulators, with good feedback.

Link below:

Si