tommunism

Stereo Replacement Issues- Missing Wires?

Hi, my father and I are trying to replace the stereo in my G60 Corrado so I can play my music while driving, it has the Aktiv System if that changes anything. We've looked extensively into the wiring diagrams, and we just can't figure some things out. Our main issue right now is that we cannot find the brown/red wire that's listed in the wiring diagram. Does anyone know of any issues like this, or is this wire just miraculously missing?

I can attach photos if they'll help, thanks in advance.

Can't remember what the brown/red is - could be the ignition live? They will all be there somewhere as it's a standard VW radio loom, but probably just hidden somewhere if an after market radio was fitted at some stage - is it an original radio you are putting in?

The Aktiv system uses powered speakers and is designed to be used with head units that don't have an end stage amplifier built in. such as the Gamma CD - just in case you plug in a powerful unit and end up blowing the speakers by accident.