vw rule

Part number 191 803 483 (fuel filler neck repair panel)

I originally posted in the OEM VW PARTS PRICE ENQUIRES thread regarding part number

191 803 483

It's listed as fuel neck repair panel for MK3 Golf but looks like it will fit the MK2 Golf and our Corrado's.

I've been searching for a while to see where I can get one from as mine is rusted through, erm I've tried VW Heritage but they're sold out,

they are how ever in the process of getting 1000 remade which possibly won't be available until early next year 2019

I've been lucky to have found a new replacement repair panel, I've since drilled out the spot welds and removed my old part, comparing the new panel with my old one, they are a perfect match so the new batch that VW Heritage will have available hopefully early next year, will be fine for our Corrado's I believe.

I found the part on Ebay and payed just over £60 for it, but it's since gone up in price to £140 which is just ridiculous.

Ebay item number 330887096333

So if you need this item, like I say it hopefully will be available again in 2019

I'll keep my old fuel neck support panel for now, just so I can check it against one of the new batch from VW Heritage once they have them in stock again.

Si

Edited by vw rule

I've chased the above item in question,

just got off the phone now with the guys at VW Heritage, basically this part is still on back order.

I've asked them to call me once they have a completion date.

Si

Edited by vw rule

I've managed to find the above repair panel on EBay again, the seller is in Germany and has got good feedback.

Their EBay item number is 273685612358

The part number is the same: 191 803 483

Cost is approx £33.00 and postage about £8.50

States they've only got 5 left in stock.

Until I hear back from VW Heritage regarding a completion date about this item,

this EBay alternative could help anyone who needs this ASAP.

Hope this Helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

I've just had a call from VW Heritage,

it's good news this item above is now back in stock with them.

Retail price is £26.30 + VAT

Part number 191 803 483

This is the repair fuel neck panel,

can be used on Golf MK2 / MK3 & Corrado.

Hope this hopes

Si

Where does this part go?

It's normally welded at the top of the O/S/R inner wheel arch, basically the top of the fuel filler neck of fuel tank is bolted to it, to help stabilize / secure it. Quite often this part in question is rusted out as there can be damp dirt / mud stuck up there, that over time eats in to the mental around & behind the fuel filler flap area.

I've had to cut mine out as it was rusted through.

Si

Ah ok - makes sense now. This would be revealed in all its nasty glory with the rubber funnel thing removed then?

Ah ok - makes sense now. This would be revealed in all its nasty glory with the rubber funnel thing removed then?

Yes that's it.

Si

Just looked, we have like over 900 in stock now :-) just not on the website (we are waiting for the new website to go live)

Just looked, we have like over 900 in stock now :-) just not on the website (we are waiting for the new website to go live)

Nice one thanks Anna.

Si

This Ebay item is the perfect part for replacing your old brittle plastic expanding screw retainer, this is for the plastic guide/guard for the fuel flap locking rod to motor.

Ebay item number 181778132193

Fit's square hole 8mm X 8mm

Length/ depth of item 6mm

Screw hole 4mm

I'll upload a link to the replacement panel I had to purchase, but only needed a small piece that I cut out of it.

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

On 8/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, vw rule said:

I can't upload any photos,

so please see link below.

https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/another-project-i-dont-need.279066/page-7

That's pretty much how mine looked rusted through like that in those photos from the ClubGTI Forum. Like I say it's caused by all the damp mud that you just can't quite get to.

Si

This is how bad my fuel neck panel area was,  rusted/pitted through so had to cut out the bad piece.

Have a new piece to go in.

Si

IMG_20200520_145423913.jpg

IMG_20200527_185114278.jpg

On 9/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, vw rule said:

This Ebay item is the perfect part for replacing your old brittle plastic expanding screw retainer, this is for the plastic guide/guard for the fuel flap locking rod to motor.

Ebay item number 181778132193

Fit's square hole 8mm X 8mm

Length/ depth of item 6mm

Screw hole 4mm

Hope this helps

Si

This is the new plastic expanding screw retainers that you need. You'll have to drill out two holes and file them into a square, to enable the two plastic screw retainers to fit correctly. This panel piece I cut from the right rear inner wing that I purchased from VW Heritage.

Inner wing panel part number is:  535 809 404A

Hope this helps

Si

spacer.png

IMG_20201020_220112664.jpg

IMG_20201020_220130203.jpg

IMG_20201020_220200551.jpg

IMG_20200527_185146153.jpg

Edited by vw rule

Corrado rear inner wing which houses the fuel flap motor & rod.
Cut piece out of OEM new O/S/R inner wing panel and fabricate to fit,
rectangular hole already made in OEM panel for plastic guard cover,
diameter of rectangular hole is 
(length 20mm X  width 14mm)

9mm circle hole already made in OEM panel for lock motor rod.
But I had to make the two small square holes for the plastic expanding nut  retaining clips for the screws, basically you have to drill them out and make them square shaped.
Square hole diameter is 7mm

Below are the measurements for drilling out the fabricated panel piece.
First drill a centre hole to start making the two square holes.

STEP 1)
Distance from centre of 9mm circle to centre of each 7mm small square each side is 19mm. If you are drilling these square holes from scratch then you'll need this measurement first.

STEP 2
Distance from 9mm circle edge to closest edge of square is 11mm, this is the same for both square holes both sides.

STEP 3
Distance from 9mm circle edge to furthest edge of square is 18mm, this is the same for both square holes both sides

Plastic expanding nut retaining clip,
get some that expand to at least 8mmX8mm. Length on the ones I got are 6mm, and the centre hole is 4mm that the screw will go into.

Hope this helps

Si

IMG_20200527_185132952.jpg

IMG_20200527_185146153.jpg

Also if you're not sure or can't remember which way the new fuel neck bracket goes, I've attached a photo.

Hope this helps

Si

IMG_20200527_180240455.jpg