Sign in to follow this  
Neocorrado

Shrick or EIP manifold ?

i don't know what's going on, some people say that the Shrick manifold isn't woth all that money and it's better to go for the EIP one, and some people say that there nothing like the shrick!!!

I want the shrick but it is alot of money so i was thinking of getting the EIP but on the other hand i have the shrick 268 cams and and the GIAC 268 chip, some people say that it's better to go with the shrick with that combo.

If i can get the same end result with the EIP why spend more on the shrick :?:

What do you guys think

I've heard the eip is good for forced induction applications but not sure how much better it is than a schrick. What is the difference between the eip and stock manifold?

On my car the schrick has given me about 15 lbft torque lower down the rev range and perhaps a bit more power high up but I think the results are more dramatic on standard cars. Schricks are fairly rare (they are in the UK) so if you bought one and were disappointed you could always sell it for a good price. Have you considered a 2.9 Euro manifold and throttle body? A big valve head is a good modification too if your looking for extra power/torque.

31 people bought Schrick manifolds in a recent group buy and I'd say 95% of those buyers were pleased with the results.

The EIP manny is just a cut & shut stock one, can't see the point of it. The Schrick is all about providing grunt and is the *only* manifold of the big 3 (VGI, VSR & EIP) that has tuned length runners, something an assymetric head desperately needs for torque.

You'll get a less spikey power delivery with the EIP maniold, but only 10hp, tops and maybe the same of torque. The VGI gives 10 bhp and more importantly, 30+ lb/ft 1000rpm lower down the rev range. Used with the Schrick 268s, it's an unbeatable package.

a friend of mine fitted a schrick to his passat vr6 in the states and it cost him $1500 with the current exchange rate thats £880 plus shipping it over here.

would the passat be the same schrick for the corrado though???

Oh yeah good call, forgot about that. And there is another plus of the Schrick, it caters for both throttle bodies.

Thanks guys

i did think about getting the euro 2.9 manifold but i could never find one over here so thats why i decieded to go with the Shrick mani but after i got the cams my next move was to get the manifold but after i looked at the price i was like WOW, its a little bit cheaper for the passat cause for the VR Corrado its $1800 USD to $2000 USD and trust me guys i've been looking.

My friend was selling one for $800 USD but it turned out to be OBD II and as we all know that wont fitt, that why i started looking at the EIP cause someone told me that it was the same!!! ive done a lot on the car but i want so much more and spending that money and the mani right now is just a little too much for me but i guess thats what i'm gonna have to do. the EIP goes for $800 USD is it the best bang for the buck or not.

Kevhaywire with what you said on your last post does it mean that i can get my friends manifold with no problem?

I dont know if any of you have ever seen my car yet cause i dont know how to put it in the membet gallery but here's a link

you can check it out there and let me know what you think :D sorry for the long post guys :oops:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/neocorrado

Hi Neo

No unfortunately not. I should have clarified, the Schrick is available as OBD1 or 2 at the time of order, so once it's made to spec, you're stuck! You might be able to make up an adapting sandwich plate or something, I don't know.

$800 for the EIP, jesus that's steep. A lot of people over there mod their own manifolds themselves to EIP spec. Have a look on the 12V VR6 vortex forum. They're a bit clicky and bitchy on there but just browse around for manifold mods.

Alternatively a few of us have 2.9 manifolds spare but it will effect your low end torque as the inlet runners are bigger, which slows the gas speed down. Although with the 268 cams, it'll be a sweet puller past 3500rpm. There's also a bigger throttle body you can get which a resident forum person can mod for you. More air in = more power out.

I think the best thing for you will be to hunt around for a s/hand Schrick. I know they're rare on the s/hand market but they do come up from time-to-time. You'll be more satisfied with that than an EIP or Euro manifold, trust me.

Your car looks wild by the way! White is a rare colour for a C and it wears it well I think.

K

Thanks for the compliments, I love my baby! :)

I'll look around and see what I can find... a Schrick would be my favorite choice, but we'll see... The EIP right now seems more possible price-wise... Thanks again for everything, I'll keep you all posted! :)