Sign in to follow this  
bighairymuppet

what air filter?

what air filter do you guys use and why?

been offered ramairflatpanel replacemnet for my 1.8 16v for tenner but dunnowhat there like.

So what you guysgot an why also what they like? an any1 ever used ramair one?

>>>anyway off to bed i go

Changed back to original airbox and K&N panel filter today, much quieter than previous Jabbasport kit, getting JMR to make me a cold air feed to feed from hole left by removal of carbon canister - added bonus is a reduction in my insurance as well :lol:

I have a BMC panel filter in mine... Can't say I noticed any performance difference but it does "growl" a bit more than the OE filter 8)

i have a CAI in my VR and i gotta say that i do feel the added HP, i hav a K&N filter cause their a trusted brand and they last a lot longer than the other filters out there :)

I'm hearing good things about the BMC CDA at the moment. Vince at Stealth rates them quite highly and he's seen one liberate 7bhp on a Golf VR6. I normally take claims like that with a tablespoon of salt, but Vince is not in the game of BS'ing people....

Might have to invest, especially as CrazyMarcel has said they're pretty quiet......