Micky Blue

For sale. Big project. 2.0 16v moonlight blue, Attempted first resto.

While training to become a painter/ body repair tech, I decided to get some practice and restore my baby that was SORN and sitting on the drive. Now though, life has taken over and my skills, time and energy are limited, so I'm needing to sell her. If anyone wants a big project or just needs a tonne of parts, I'm looking for £1,000. It may not be worth that to 99% of people, but it's still a lot of car, even if she is in a million pieces. If there's no interest for the job lot, I will end up selling what parts I can and send the rest to the breakers. I would much prefer this to go to a good home!

Oh I'm in Essex by the way.

It won't let me upload most of the pictures! Probably something I've done wrong. Will hopefully sort it soon and upload.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95927[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95930[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95933[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95936[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95939[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95942[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95945[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95948[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95951[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]95954[/ATTACH]

I have done

To the shell;

Welding, rust removal, filler, primer, flatted primer, sprayed COB moonlight blue. 3 coats blue, 2 1/2 coats diamond clear. (I only had 3 days for the whole process, so after being awake for 70 hours straight the finish wasn't great and needs a decent amount of flatting and polishing.) The engine bay looks pretty decent. I then removed as much rust and loose underseal from the underside of the shell + wheel arches (using a scraper and a wire wheel) and then brushed etch primer and fresh underseal. The same to the floor pan inside. I would have preffered to spray seal it, but I don't have an air compressor at home and I planned on driving this car, so was happy just with brushing. The sunroof was removed, sprayed, and fitted with a new seal.

The bonnet was cleaned of all old heat protection, fully primed, flatted, sprayed then all new heat protection replaced. Problem is, as I sprayed it in a rush, I didn't notice at the time, the base coat has layed quite stripey, so the top needs respraying.

All the wiring has been removed from the car. 80% of the wiring has had all the horrid black tape removed and has been cleaned with thinners + cable tied, so they are all tidy. Again, I have pictures, I just need to work out how to upload them.

The wheels are rare. They were an optional extra for the Corrado in 1993. I have refurbed and resprayed them, however the colour is different to the original, as the original was grey and looked nasty. They are now a light pearly grey, though I haven't looked at them in a while.

The headlining and interior lighting cover has been re-trimmed. I also have a few meters of the lining leftover.

Thanks for reading. Any advice welcome. Apart from "you're an idiot" I already know that.

I can't wait to get my next Corrado. And keep it in one peice!!

Are all the parts there to put it back together ?

And is the shell mounted on anything that would make it easy to transport/get on a trailer ?

Are all the parts there to put it back together ?

And is the shell mounted on anything that would make it easy to transport/get on a trailer ?

Hey panderoo.

Every part that came off the car I still have, sitting in my shed. Some bits hidden in my bedroom.... The only thing I have thrown out was the 2 front springs. After an inspection they were in pretty bad shape, so dumped them, with every intention of getting new ones soon after. But I never got around to it. Most of the parts obviously have general ware and tear, surface rust etc, as you would expect from 25 year old parts. Some bits still attached to other bits, as the bolts were rusted on. Again, that was a job for another day.

Tomorrow night I plan on adding many more photos, so you will get a better idea of where I'm at.

The shell isn't currently mounted on anything, besides axle stands. I did make a trolley for it, to get it to the spray booth. It worked well but I've had to scrap it. Can make a new one, but depends on how much interest I get/ if it sells.

Would be good to see some more photo's of what stage other stuff is at.

Have the bumpers been painted ?

Sorry for the late reply. Crazy busy at work these days.

I painted 1 bumper a while after doing the shell, but the base coat reacted, so it needs re-spraying. The other one I haven't touched yet, BUT I am planning on spraying them very soon at work. Just finding the time. I can only do my own stuff on a Saturday, and more often than not, we have prepped and masked up a car in the booth ready for Monday, so can't spray.

I'm going to upload some more photos now. Not sure if I can add them to this thread, but if not, they will be on my profile.