DS_VR6

Old VR6 and Old FORUM USER Re-Logging in

Hello all. Used to literally live on this forum a few years (probably over 7 years now!) back when I owned by Aqua Blue VR6 with the 16" Borbet C wheels, wanted to connect with some previous users and say hi.

Jim still modding?

Tempest Eric Scirocco still about?

There used to be the main guy who had a heavily modded VR6... Cheesewire/Kev?)

Henny still about?

Dinkus…. went to Canada no?

Bally from Milton Keynes? (used to see him at the RR events @ stealth)

Dave16v - went to your house in Notts as you needed a car to model an airbox partition ages ago, you've probably forgotten about it. Still about?

Well.. it's a lot quieter than it used to be. I'm still a moderator but not very active these days as no longer an owner. Tempest is not active on here at all but still a MK1 Scirocco and Corrado owner :)

Unfortunately terrible news is that Bally passed away last year. Still finding it hard to believe myself :( I'm friends with all the others on Facebook but they've all variously moved on from Corrado ownership sadly.

Well.. it's a lot quieter than it used to be. I'm still a moderator but not very active these days as no longer an owner. Tempest is not active on here at all but still a MK1 Scirocco and Corrado owner :)

Unfortunately terrible news is that Bally passed away last year. Still finding it hard to believe myself :( I'm friends with all the others on Facebook but they've all variously moved on from Corrado ownership sadly.

Bally! OMG That is sad news. Condolences to his friends and family!

I've been in touch with Eric and he told me you are a Bimmer man now and your VR6 is no longer in the fold! never thought you'd leave the Corrado, I remember how much you wanted a VR6, but I understand why. I miss mine dearly and am tempted to buy it back, but I think it has been trashed.

Yes I can see it is definitely quiet here, guessing most the owners have moved on to bigger and more exciting cars (me included but still got a big soft spot for Corrados).

Good to hear from you Jim, will you be going to Stanford Hall this year?

ATB Del.

Bally! OMG That is sad news. Condolences to his friends and family!

I've been in touch with Eric and he told me you are a Bimmer man now and your VR6 is no longer in the fold! never thought you'd leave the Corrado, I remember how much you wanted a VR6, but I understand why. I miss mine dearly and am tempted to buy it back, but I think it has been trashed.

Yes I can see it is definitely quiet here, guessing most the owners have moved on to bigger and more exciting cars (me included but still got a big soft spot for Corrados).

Good to hear from you Jim, will you be going to Stanford Hall this year?

ATB Del.

Not sure yet Del - hoping to make it to something that weekend as there's several things on, but I'm not sure yet :) Be good to get to Stanford and would try catch up with you if I do make it. You still got the Karmann Ghia? :)

So sad to hear, RIP Bally, no doubt slamming it in a Rado that meet its maker too. Former MK massive, K-rado

I can't claim to have known Bally very well but I got into the Corrado scene probably at around a similar time to him and our paths crossed at a number of meets over the years and I always thought he was a totally stand-up guy.

His death hit me surprisingly hard, even though I didn't know him well - but I guess because of being similar ages, and because in terms of time known, it was well over 15 years..

I saw him at his Coventry meet probably about 6-12 months before I heard the awful news and he said he'd not been well (and indeed he didn't look well) but hoped he was over the worst of it. I guess that wasn't the case :(

Karmann Ghia long gone Jim. I sold it the same day that I bought a gorgeous R107 SL Merc. That too had to go to buy bricks / mortar / roof. Wish I'd kept both as they were both real minty mint condition but a house is a house.

I will still be going to Stanford this weekend (weather permitting) so hopefully bump into you and Eric if he is going and have a catch up.