TOLEDOVR6

Hello chaps

Hi all,

I have registered to this forum as I am willing to be a rado member (again). I always loved the vw corrado as it was one of the bests cars of the market when I was a kid. Of course you can get better cars if you get Porsche, top spec Mercs etc. but at that time not everyone could afford a corrado. It's shape,vr6 engine, the sound, the active spoiler... it was a dream!

In 2012 I bought a 16v 70k miles unit and it was amazing. I was really happy. Unfortunately the car got scrapped as it got burned while I was driving it. Still I don't know the cause but my corrado experience ended that day.

7 years later, here I am, still remembering those days and starting to look at the market to get a good vr6, I waited for 7 years and hence, I can wait a bit longer to find the right one. In the meantime, I will be around here, reading you guys. Hopefully I can meet some of you soon in the following meetings :D

Have a nice day!

Fran

Hi and Welcome. Good luck in your seach - I agree the things like the spoiler, VR6 (and other engines such as 16v and G60) are what makes it special to me.

Sorry to hear about your old one. I carry a 10mm spanner in the car just incase so I can disconnect the battery if it happens. Do inspect your wiring around the battery connections - seen a couple go up in smoke due to this (and hence carrying the spanner!).

Matt

According to some members, its the headlight switch that causes the ignition and the fire. There is a mod to minimise this issue and its something that will do to my future corrado. :)

Welcome to the forum. It’s fairly quiet on here compared to a few years ago. Still a good place to be with some very knowledgeable people.

Hi and welcome,lhave just sold my corrado,but still come on to come on here a look what is going on

we spoke once over Facebook. Nice rado you had, I was very tempted but I am trying to find a VR.