quicksilver

Steering fluid for 93 Corrado VR6

I've just come back from the motor factors asking for a bottle of power steering fluid for my car and I've now noticed after topping up the level that its a general ATF fluid. Is this type of fluid ok to use on my car and will it cause any damage as I've only put in a very small amount (about 100ml)

You need the light oil from VW. It's in a white tin with a green cap. it's pretty expensive though, well over a tenner a can but that's what the VR needs. What you've put in won't damage anything short term, but you'd be wise to flush it all out and start over with the VW fluid at some point in the near future.

Cheers

K

Thanks for the advice

Is that the same as VW's G 002 000 hydraulic fluid - Im feeling kind of foolish right now for not checking the bottle "before" I put it in the car.

:oops:

Thanks for the advice

Is that the same as VW's G 002 000 hydraulic fluid - Im feeling kind of foolish right now for not checking the bottle "before" I put it in the car.

:oops:

The very same :wink:

Ok. I need to top up with power steering oil, its currently reading on the min mark. I have been given a bottle of LHM Mineral-based hydraulic oil and it is green, says suitable for citroens and rolls royce, and was ok for the corrado VR6. Just wanted to check before i used it if it was ok to use?