Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Replacement car options once the vr's gone.

HF Integrale?

Surprisingly not very quick - unless you go for one of the later Evo's

Mitsubishi GTO for me 8)

didn't have you down as a ricer steve :-P

Ive now decided to hold onto the vr for a bit longer. I cant really think of anything I could afford that id want to replace it with that would do everything as well as the Corrado does. So it stays. 8)

Replys to this topic still welcome though, as it will give me good ideas for some point in the future.

HF Integrale?

Mitsubishi GTO for me 8)

Used to run a 300ZX twin turbo :shock:

HF Integrale?

Mitsubishi GTO for me 8)

Used to run a 300ZX twin turbo :shock:

must admit........did use to hanker for one of them......in the good'ol days :oops: :wink: :-P

I'll go with Steve on this one... it was a VERY close run thing when I bought my Corrado as to wether I got a FTO or another Corrado...

The build quality of the Corrado won in the end though... :? Yup, the FTOs ARE put together worse than a Corrado 'cos they were never really supposed to be road cars so have little to no sound proofing etc etc etc.... :?

I'll go with Steve on this one... it was a VERY close run thing when I bought my Corrado as to wether I got a FTO or another Corrado...

The build quality of the Corrado won in the end though... :? Yup, the FTOs ARE put together worse than a Corrado 'cos they were never really supposed to be road cars so have little to no sound proofing etc etc etc.... :?

but the FTO is a different beast from the GTO steve mentions Henny........FTO's are FWD and the GTO's are 4wd IIRC.......or where you meaning you were dithering between going vee-dub over mitsu :D

nope, I just can't read tonight... :oops: :roll:

GTOs aren't bad motors either to be fair.... plenty of go in 'em and they are soooooo modifiable to get some awesome power figures... 8)

i would go 4 a subaru wrx 4wheel drive an its turbo an sounds ex should hav one by the end of the year

Nah, they understeer more than the Corrado does. Some Koni Dampers and a bigger rear anti-roll bar will sort that though.

If my mate's is anything to go by, they're pretty fickle engine wise (dodgy MAFs, Lambda probes, boost return valves etc) and the paint scratches very very easily.

And every 12 year old kid will a ride in it aswell.

Yup, the FTOs ARE put together worse than a Corrado 'cos they were never really supposed to be road cars so have little to no sound proofing etc etc etc.... :?

And the 200bhp V6 Mivec sounds like a sewing machine and is no quicker than a VR6.

Not bad looking though and they handle very well indeed, on a par with Integra Type Rice.

Do what most others do in your situation. Buy another car to replace the VR6 then never get around to selling the VR. :lol: