Moreau-Smith

G60 Light Steering

Hi all after a gap of 20 years I have bought myself another Corrado G60 its a 1991 H plate, have a few issues and would appreciate some help.

The main one is the steering feels very very light, it is accurate and works fine and doesn't seem to have any play in it at all, works well but its just very light.

Any ideas what could be causing it.

Regards

Richard............

Stick a VR6 into it and that should make the lightness go away!

In fairness though - if it seems ok, there shouldn't be a problem. Most owners complain of heavy steering. What are you comparing it against?

I had two Golf MK3 VR6's back in the day.

Seems light compared to the one I had 20 years ago, my daily MK5 GTI, my MK1 TT, the wifes new shape passat and my sons VW UP.

Even the guy I bought it off thought the steering was light.

I beleive it has standard springs at present with Koni Top Adjustable Shocks, standard BBS wheels and fairly cheapish tyres at present.

Just bought some GAZ Coilovers which will be fitted next week along with new bottom arms and top mounts front and rear. Apparently all the other bushes etc were replaced except for the top mounts, bottom arms and rear axle bushes.

Once all the suspension is replaced it will have the wheel alignment done, but if it needs a rack or something else it would make sense to do it at the same time as it will be more cost / time effective.

I am using D.W. Racing to do the work so hopefully then will see if its an issue, Darryl Wilson and his Dad Lez have been looking after my cars for years as well as preparing and maintaining VW's for the VW Cup and BTCC, but just wanted to find out if its a known fault.