Simeon

Full length braided clutch hose fitting

Quick query for anyone who's fitted a braided clutch line, I bought one of the HEL ones on eBay.

No engine in my car at the moment, but offered it up last night and the end with a 45degree bend in it looks like it goes into the fitting where the factory flexi pipe joins factory hard line .. but I was under impression this line should go directly from master to slave?

Can anyone who's fitted one advise before I remove the factory pipe?

Hello there,

the OEM clutch pipe complete with flexi hose, the later type one is now obsolete, but the early type one was still available about a year ago.

I basically made up my own pipe,

I used 1/4" copper pipe to adapter 1/4" X 3/16" so could connect it to new flexi hose, which was a new brake hose from Audi A6 as it is the perfect length, then used 3/16" copper pipe from hose to slave cylinder, I've never had a problem with this.

The large 1/4" OEM pipe runs from clutch master cylinder and goes under the ABS pump, then bends slightly by 45° to 90° and is moulded into flexible rubber hose,

which that is moulded at other end of hose to smaller pipe to slave cylinder.

Basically it's all one piece well it is on the later type pipe set up.

Can you upload a link to the Ebay braided hose you've purchased, or type up the item number, so we can have a look and see in more detail.

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

Ok, cheers for the replies guys, yeah it's a HEL £30 one off eBay, item 202567669385

Says right there in the ad that it's for full length, I was just struck by how perfectly the bend in one end matched the original line where it goes into the last factory flexi part.

I'll whip out the old line and feed this behind heat shield like original and hopefully it'll just screw into the slave when engine goes back in :)

I've just had a look at the item on Ebay,

comes with Banjo bolts and sealing washers as a kit.

That makes sense like what Gti_Jamo has said, that the 45° angled end should ideally attach to your clutch master cylinder, as the OEM master has the feed outlet on the left so it should fit ok,

whereas on some of the aftermarket master cylinders the fluid outlet is on the back.

Si