Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

exterior door handle

if your corrado exterior door handle needs replacing, dont wa\ste your time getting a passet one, they may look the same but the internal door striker is longer, and it wont operate the door lock

i think you have to change the lock mechanism aswell as the handles, have a search for passat door handles and there will be answers!

Yup,if the middle number on the Passat handle is 839 then you will need to get a similar mech to match it - preferably without child locks - do a search, all the part numbers are on here somewhere...

mate uve done it wrong

ive fitted three sets and supplied loads and they all work fine

u need the handles and lock mechs from the rear doors on a passat as the arm is slightly longer

I brought a front Passat passengers side exterior door handle; not too keen on the delocking option :lol: If i get the front door locking mech from a passat will that do the job :?: :!:

I brought a front Passat passengers side exterior door handle; not too keen on the delocking option If i get the front door locking mech from a passat will that do the job

Yep...just match the midle 3 part numbers

no u need the rear door locking mech

ive never known anyone to use the front door ones so i wouldnt recomend it

p.s why arent u keen on the idea most people think its been delcoked so look away :D

I have a question regarding this.

I saw this mod done of someones C on here, but there appears to be no keyhole. Do you have to cut your own keyhole or what? I dont understand! Is it only available if you have a remote central locking fob?? I read the mod guidance on the sticky thread and no one mentions the fact you have no lock!

DF.

I have a question regarding this.

I saw this mod done of someones C on here, but there appears to be no keyhole. Do you have to cut your own keyhole or what? I dont understand! Is it only available if you have a remote central locking fob?? I read the mod guidance on the sticky thread and no one mentions the fact you have no lock!

DF.

You still have the lock mechanism in there, but no actual lock barrel, so it has to be opened by the remote locking. So you can decide what the pros and cons are to that :)

Dont got no remote locking :cry:

cant you just use passat front handles then with the barrels in??

there is a way of using rear passat handles with your original mechs but it involves removing the roll pin hinge from the handles and swapping the striker arm over its tricky but it can be done

but that defeats most of the point coolrado... it's the striker pin not being strong enough on a corrado handle that's the weak point and most people's reason for changing to Passat rears... :|

I'm pretty certain that you CAN use the passat front handles, but you will need to use the corresponding lock mechanism else the stiker won't hit the correct part and so won't work...

Henny

my c had two brand new handles fitted just before i bought it and they take very little effort to open (unlike some i have tried) so they dont seem to be under much stress, i only changed to passat ones for the security (i also fitted metal plates above the mech inside the door to prevent the old screwdriver down the back of the handle method) and i have securilux on the glass so thats harder to break too 8)

i did find adjusting the striker pins out a little improved the feel of the handles, the catch releases before the handles reach their full extent unlike some i have seen where the adjuster is wound all the way in and the handle only just releases the latch after a lot of effort.

im thinking of colour coding the handles as well to make them look a bit more modern :wink:

Ah! you're a lucky one then... :D 8) makes sense for you to have done that then, for anyone else who's got old handles though, it's probably not worth the hassle... ;)

Colour coding can work really well on the handles... should look nice on a red one too 8)

someone (gazzaG60? ) was talking to me about some handles available from Japan via Ebay which were totally different looking and a simple bolt on replacement...

Can't for the life of me remember what they were, but they sounded great... :?