Sign in to follow this  
bighairymuppet

need advise paintwork

I hav a corrado which i got cheap but previous owner didn't look afer paintwork.

Laquer has flaked on roof near passenger side same on back of passenger mirror.

Stonechip ahoy on front.

arch needs done.

Any ideas on tidying up /patching in peelingf laquer / arch as i don't money for full respray and want to avoid it getting worse.

basically any way of mnimising damage done?

will get respray eventually but worried for winter.

I hav a corrado which i got cheap but previous owner didn't look afer paintwork.

Laquer has flaked on roof near passenger side same on back of passenger mirror.

Stonechip ahoy on front.

arch needs done.

Any ideas on tidying up /patching in peelingf laquer / arch as i don't money for full respray and want to avoid it getting worse.

basically any way of mnimising damage done?

will get respray eventually but worried for winter.

if its just the laquer peeling off and the metal isn't rusting away........and providing of course you don't mind it looking a rough-ish......then i would just coat it with either touch-up paint-laquer or clear nail varnish....obviously from yer missus/g-f/bird etc that way you protect the paint/body while you save up for a re-spray

Has the bighairybstrd turned into a bighairymuppet ?? :-P

There is no option for the peeling lacquer really - you can use T cut to get rid of the lines but as soon as any moisture gets under there they will return, its probably had a 'masked' spray job done on it in the past... mine had the same problem on one side and I ended up getting it reprayed.

if parts of the laquer are loose/blistering, try and remove it carefully, then use a touch up laquer to seal the gaps and stop the peeling getting worse - it will look better and will last quite a while if you do it right.

I've seen a few corrado's with what i'm sure is original paintwork, and the laquer is peeling off in various places - scary really :shock:

I've seen a few corrado's with what i'm sure is original paintwork, and the laquer is peeling off in various places - scary really

Nah, I bet they've had paint at one time or another...especially if its just on one side or panel...

Yup had this problem with my old valver on the boot.... was caused by using the wrong lacquer.....

No problems with my VR6 but I do know its had a bit of paint here and there.... and going in for some more in a few weeks :roll: