Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

v6 4motion updated pics

Just thought I would put some pics up of the progress that is being made with the old wasp

p.s. cutting power steering lines to make them shorter is NOT advised :oops:

Good idea mate.

Now when is someone gonna write off a R32 so the engine can be transplanted into the Corrado ...

Hey wait a minute ... they should just let me drive it :evil: :idea: :mrgreen:

certainly am - I was considering attempting to build my own custom double wishbone rear axle but for the time being I have decided against it, I will see how it goes with the syncro rear axle before I do something crazy like that.

I will be starting on the rear axle this week actually, pics to follow.

certainly am - I was considering attempting to build my own custom double wishbone rear axle but for the time being I have decided against it, I will see how it goes with the syncro rear axle before I do something crazy like that.

I will be starting on the rear axle this week actually, pics to follow.

If you need any help let me know... 18 days till mine will be on the road... :roll: (i hope)

good stuff :-)

Are you going to go for permenant 4wd then?

or are you attempting to provide some sort of partial syncro type system?

I am going to let the factory ecu control the 4wd, but I want some sort of override where I can have a permanent split between the front and back wheels, like a dial on the dash board or something.

I will cross that bridge when I get there though 8)

What do you guys think of the yellow colour scheme?

I wasnt sure to start off with and I planned to get it resprayed a more understated colour, but since building it back up I am starting the think the bright yellow will look really nice - especially with my new wheels that I have to go on - which I will post a picture off when i get them off my laptop.

Looking good CoxyLaad! Does it bolt up to the standard VR mounts as I've been told the block is basically the same? Also, is there much clearance under the bonnet with the top cover on or are you leaving it off?

Notced that you've kept the expansion tank in the standard location - I've seen other transplant where they move it to left side of engine as the intake pipe is on the right?..........

Let me know how you find the ECU management side of things aswell - I've also heard that the 24v lump can be run on the 12v loom, not sure of pro/cons of doing this tho?... :| :mrgreen:

Nice work! 8)

Looking good CoxyLaad! Does it bolt up to the standard VR mounts as I've been told the block is basically the same?

No not at all - I am using the v6 4motion gearbox which means I wouldnt be able to use the standard mounting positions. I have the mk4 engine mounts grafted onto the chassis legs and a custome stabiliser bar undernieth.

Also, is there much clearance under the bonnet with the top cover on or are you leaving it off?

By top cover do you mean the big black plastic cover? if so then I dont have it :-( its pretty close but I reckon it would all fit.

Notced that you've kept the expansion tank in the standard location - I've seen other transplant where they move it to left side of engine as the intake pipe is on the right?..........

The intake pipe is flexible and the air filter will go in front of the expansion tank. Plus there is going to be no room on the other side of the engine when the supercharger gets installed... 8)

Let me know how you find the ECU management side of things aswell - I've also heard that the 24v lump can be run on the 12v loom, not sure of pro/cons of doing this tho?... :| :mrgreen:

I have a mate who is an electrical genius who will be helping my out considerably here 8)

Nice work! 8)

Thanks! I hope its all worth it....I think 300bhp with 4wd and a real engine noise should be!

The intake pipe is flexible and the air filter will go in front of the expansion tank. Plus there is going to be no room on the other side of the engine when the supercharger gets installed... 8)

I have a mate who is an electrical genius who will be helping my out considerably here 8)

Oops, forgot about the charger!! :oops:

Is the said mate Andy Outhwaite by any chance?... :?: :wink:

the very same - oh yes you are Horrock's mate arent you?

Do you go to the Harrogate meet then?

I never get that far down - I might do once the car is completed though.

Andy Outhwaite is a right clever get - stick a cup of coffee in one hand, a pair of snips in teh other, and lay the loom out in front of him and stand back 8)

the very same - oh yes you are Horrock's mate arent you?

Do you go to the Harrogate meet then?

I never get that far down - I might do once the car is completed though.

Andy Outhwaite is a right clever get - stick a cup of coffee in one hand, a pair of snips in teh other, and lay the loom out in front of him and stand back 8)

Yep, one of Phat's buds - live in Coventry tho so don't go to the Harrogate meet. Got a mk2 16v currently with Rallye front, 9x16 borbet A's, Phats old TT/Corrado leathers, and it's getting a VR6 very soon......in fact, Paul says it'll be the new phatvr6 re-incarnated!! :lol:

....got a 24v lump tho which will eventually get swapped over.... :wink: (Paul said he'll get Andy to make me a custom loom for it to plug and play) :twisted:

Keep us posted on yours fella!

So how does the back bolt up. Bear in mind i know nothing about vw's. Live axel or IRS? Combination? How much space is there for a transmission tunnel? What is a sycro rear axel?

There are a number of ways to bolt the rear end up.

I am not doing any such cutting of the rear floor as its not necessary so long as you are prepared to run a custom fuel tank.

Sheesh that thing is going to fly. A good engine that 24V :lol: Tonnes of grip from the 4x4 too..... nice one!

Is it a late 24V with the variable cam timing and inlet? They're a good engine for forced induction and a lot more durable than the 12V.

Well i bloody well hope so Kev! The bast**d thing has taken far too much skin of my knuckles to just be 'reasonably quick'

I am getting it running without the charger to start off with, best to make sure its running well on the new engine mounts etc before it gets the massive power hike.

It is the late 24v with the variable inlet cam timing and schrick esk inlet manifold (thank god I dont have to spend a fortune on one of those after all this) 8)

The charger I have is actually for the 12v VR so I am going to have to adapt it to fit, but it should go on. Its the V1 as opposed to the V1 SQ, so I get the authentic supercharger whine and the strength of the straight cut gears. The main difference is that the throttle body for the 24v motor in on the other side of the engine so I am going to have to run the pipework round the front of the engine, which I suppose is not too bad as it gives me an oppurtunity to fit an intercooler into the system.

Then as luck would have it REVO now do a map for a supercharged V6 4 motion, so I will be stumping up for one of those to get the fueling cock on.

I am hoping for 300bhp, I dont think thats too unreasonable.

I cant wait, I am desperate to get it on the roads again. I have forgotten what they are like :roll:

yes I do owe you a drive or 2....

I might even let you drive it first - just in case owt falls off or breaks lol

:D

End of October is the deadline date.

Yeah I'll have a drive too please :lol:

I want to feel what a 4x4 Corrado is like :mrgreen:

me too!! :lol: I better not be crap lol