Sign in to follow this  
MFP

New Front Bumper for VR6

Hello everyone!,

I'm new to this so I guess I'd better get this out the way first.Had a knock in my VR6 today and hit the car in front(my fault entirely).Anyway I now have a nice towbar dent in my front bumper, plus a broken indicator housing.I think it's gonna be a new bumper,I know these aren't cheap ,but I don't know exactly how much I'm likely to pay.So does anyone have any ideas on cost? I'm really pissed about this but I've got to get it sorted.Thank's for any information on cost :(

A brand new one will set you back £300 +Vat :( you can pick them up for alot less money second hand I got mine for £50 with all the fogs and indicaters included :D you just have to look around

Thanks for your help guys.obviously I would like to spend the least amount of money possible,having said that £300 for a new one isn't as bad as I'd feared.I was thinking it was going to be in the region of £500.While I'm doing this,does anyone know if you can get vented front discs that will fit the standard wheels.I feel like I want a performance brake upgrade now! :o

Thanks for your help guys.obviously I would like to spend the least amount of money possible,having said that £300 for a new one isn't as bad as I'd feared.I was thinking it was going to be in the region of £500.While I'm doing this,does anyone know if you can get vented front discs that will fit the standard wheels.I feel like I want a performance brake upgrade now! :o

you should have vented front discs already.........though for only £28 ea+vat of course you can get AtE power groove discs that have a bit more bite to them....AtE are an o/e manufacturer btw

Well,

I've just come back from my local VW dealer,and the news is not good.They can get a replacement front bumper cover for £97.50 and then to prepare and paint the front bumper is £360.57.Unfortunately I also need a replacement indicator unit,that's £26.00,and get this, their is a plastic or rubber seal that goes around the indicator and fog light units.That is £93.00,and worst of all,a small thin strip of metal known as the lockcarrie which got bent,and that is £457.80.Now I expected the bumper to be quite pricey,but the lockcarrie as far as i can see is just a long thin piece of metal that sits between the bumper and the headlights,I just don't know how they can justify charging £457 for it.Anyway rather than paying out for that I'm just gonna have it pulled back out and resprayed,and I'm not going to pay £93 for the foglamp seal either,once the work is all done you shouldn't be able to notice that.The car was going in anyway to have its brake fluid regulator unit replaced since that was leaking plus a small oil leak that needed a new seal/and or gasket.Man,oh man don't these things all just have a habit of happening at once.Luckily a friend of mine works at this dealership and I know he will do what he can to try and reduce the costs,but it still is gonna be getting on for a grand.One small lapse of concentration and now I've got all this crap to put up with.The thing about it was the guy who I hit was perfectly calm,he just got out looked quickly at the rear of his car,said "I'm O.K I've got a towbar" and then after both of us agreeing we didn't want to go any further with it,he got back in his car and went.Meanwhile my car sits looking sadly spoiled.It's a great car and I do love driving it but I'm just praying I don't do anything like this again :mad: