Sign in to follow this  
leew

16" BBS RXII split rims (now with piccies)

I have a set of these in my garage (5X100 PCD). They need refurbing but I haven't got a clue how much they are worth.

Since I sold my Golf I have no use for them.

Does anybody know how much these go for?

Sure they'd be snapped up on here - there are a set for sale on here in 4x100 at £750 and all the VR boys were saying they wished there were some in 5x100... though they have been refurbed and have various tweaks like titanium bolts.

£400/£500 inc tyres?

So you sold the Golf 1.8T already lee?! :)

Well sort of sold the golf...my Dad is going to have it.

I'd just fitted TT brakes and Borbet alloys!

I've got to get practical for a couple of years so i'm looking out for a Passat Estate Turbo Sport... Anyone know of one going???

Haven't got tyres on them but if some one was to offer me £400 I would proberbly let them go.

Still enjoying the beast Jim?

These ones where an optional extra for a MK4 Golf Turbo but think they may be the same. I'll try and sort some piccies out.

Sure they'd be snapped up on here - there are a set for sale on here in 4x100 at £750 and all the VR boys were saying they wished there were some in 5x100... though they have been refurbed and have various tweaks like titanium bolts.

£400/£500 inc tyres?

So you sold the Golf 1.8T already lee?! :)

tbh the 4-stud RX2's are a wee bit rarer than the 5-stud version......so generally when they do come up they go for a bit more.............ive seen a few sets of 5-stud RX2's advertised for around the £300-£350 mark......obviously needing some sort of refurbishment and normally in need of tyres in the next couple of thousand miles

G-Lader, Yeah, I know!!! When I first posted the thread I was set on getting a Passat. After giving it some serious thought i'm looking for G60 ownership again...sod the practicality :D

good to hear it....................you may have got a call for re-imbursement of mobile call and petrol otherwise....LOL Only kidding, only to happy to look at C's

Passat's do kinda make sense though !

Passat G60 syncro estate? ;) :lol: Gav swears by his now.... (or is that swears AT his?!? :lol: )

Mmm... Passat G60 Syncro. Now thats a motor i'd love to get as a bit of tatty looking street sleeper.

Stick the same kind of running gear in it as is found in your motor Henny and you'd have a bit of a laugh with quite a few cars!! :)

Out of curiosity, does the Passat G60 have the crappy Corrado intercooler or a Golf/Rallye style one?

Out of curiosity, does the Passat G60 have the crappy Corrado intercooler or a Golf/Rallye style one?

Kinda half way 'cos most of 'em had air-con...

Said I would post some pic's...so here you go.

mmmmmmmmm 8)

They don't look like they need refurbing in the pics! Is the laquer peeling off or something? Common problem on those.

Could you send me a couple of pics of them close up and I might take them off your hands.

I had a bit of a play with them the weekend. Split them and polished the outer rims, then laquered them again. The only probs with them now is that on or two of the spoked centres are blistering in a couple of places. You could get the centres shot blasted and coated for about £60. You would have a really clean set of wheel then!!!

Here are a couple of close ups

Thanks for taking the trouble there Lee. The corrosion doesn't look too bad but I'm not into swapping wheels over for summer/winter use and I think that bubbling will spread over the winter :cry:

Let me sleep on it and I'll let you know tomorrow as I do really like them.

Cheers

Kev

No worries mate. It give me something to do in the sunshine...ended up like a lobster :oops:

None of the scabs have actually broken through but if you are worried I can get the redone as I somebody that does it at cost.