_Matt_

Battery tray panels - mk3/mk2?

HI,

Gathering bits for  my 16v corrado. I understand from research the battery tray panel is NLA (part no 535 803 093). What are people doing for replacements - would the mk3 or mk2 panel fit?

Thanks,

Matt

On 10/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, pfnsht said:

HI,

Gathering bits for  my 16v corrado. I understand from research the battery tray panel is NLA (part no 535 803 093). What are people doing for replacements - would the mk3 or mk2 panel fit?

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

I've done this job a while ago now and used the MK2 Golf battery tray, but it'll need some slight fabrication to fit correctly. When I did mine I didn't need the whole new tray, so I cut out the centre section as that was the only real bit I required.

You'll need to bolt in or weld in a new 6mm or 8mm stud for the battery earth, which attaches to the back anchor retaining clamp, that the base of battery slides into. Also the bumper side metal bracket will need some fabrication, where it was welded to original battery tray, it's the leg bracket marked with a red circle in the link below that you need to make a bit longer, roughly about 5mm to 6mm. This is because the MK2 Golf tray is very slightly raised here, but only just, but is enough to not allow the leg bracket to sit flush up against the Golf tray.

Link to battery tray 

Hope this helps

Si 

Edited by vw rule