captquo

How to remove seat belt stalk

Is that for a European or NA spec car? As far as I know only US models would have had a warning contact, and also motorised seatbelts.

The buckles are usually anchored into the chassis near the centre tunnel using a captive nut and a large bolt - best way to get at it would be to remove the seat in question (2 securing parts and slides off the rails) as it won't slide far enough forward or back to give good access.

Looks fairly straightforward - large bolt to the rear of the inside seat frame. Might be hard to get to with the seat in place.

image.png

Edited by fendervg

I've just found these photos online that may be of help, but it's pretty much what Fendervg has mentioned above, your best bet is to remove the seat, rather then trying to do it in situ.

First photo shows the seat completely removed, and highlighted in yellow writing, regarding the anchor bolt to remove.

EB16.jpg

Second photo is from VW Etka look at item 5, that I think is the bracket that the seat belt stalk is bolted to.

076184000.png

Hope this helps

Si 

Edited by vw rule

That's a great photo of it Si. Shows it very clearly - I was originally getting confused with the rears - of course the fronts need to slide, and have the seat belt rail for the bottom as well.

Should help sort it out for the OP.