Popeye775

Bad ECU symptoms

Has anyone had an ECU go bad on them? If so, what were the symptoms you experienced?

Generally curious just to see if mine is the reason behind my lean conditions. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really depends on the exact symptoms - the ECUs can become water damaged or suffer from intermittent earths, and the loom connector can be become corroded - but it's relatively rare. Best bet would be to scan, and then start checking all the wiring to the various sensors and the sensors themselves.

I guess if you can get hold of an equivalent know good ECU, it's easy to swap them as a test as long as it's not one with an immobiliser.

Really depends on the exact symptoms - the ECUs can become water damaged or suffer from intermittent earths, and the loom connector can be become corroded - but it's relatively rare. Best bet would be to scan, and then start checking all the wiring to the various sensors and the sensors themselves.
I guess if you can get hold of an equivalent know good ECU, it's easy to swap them as a test as long as it's not one with an immobiliser.

True. I’ve been having a lean idle issue for a while now and haven’t gotten a lot of resolve. When it turns on it’ll idle rich for about a minute or two (enough to warm up a bit) then lean out. Will also drive lean if I’m under like ~2800 RPM. So wasn’t sure if it could be the ECU or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk