Sign in to follow this  
paul

Tweaked S4

Met up with a friend who owns an S4 avant on Saturday and he very kindly handed me the keys for the drive to Aboyne (about 40 miles west of Aberdeen) .. :D

He's not long had it chipped by AMD and I can honestly say its the fastest car I've ever driven. 2nd and 3rd gear is just eyewateringly fast and at the slightest opportunity I was dropping from 6th to fourth and passing slower (70mph) traffic at warp speed. On a couple of occasions we were sitting comfortably at "cough cough" mph.

Seriously, this car would be a liscence loser as it does everything at under 5000rpm with no fuss whatsoever and apart from the large wheels could be any other Audi avant. I want one now!!

The downside though is the same reason I want one. It does everything so competently and without fuss my heart rate didn't even jump a couple of beats on the whole run, even when we reached massive speeds. Yes it's fast but I would still have to complement it with a car that gave a bit more driver satisfaction. Now, a garage with the S4 and a VR6 in it....mmmmm!