Sign in to follow this  
n8047035

door card removal

Hello all,

im trying to replace my old broken handle on the passenger door but am having difficulty removing the inner door card. Ive unscrewed the lil screws and unclipped it from bottom but am having difficulty pulling card off. Is there anything else i need to unclip?

the grab handle has a cover to prise off which reveals two bolts.

The door handle itself has the surround which slides and then comes out.

Sure there might be summat else - difficult without looking :)

......so look at the bottom of the grab handle, notice the slot for a flat-head screwdriver, or similar. Insert the screwdriver, and pull the front cover away from the grab handle. There you'll see the two major screws holding the panel in place

(hope I'm not being too explicit, but it took me two days to figure this one out myself!!!) :oops:

So screws (two at each end, two major behind grab handle), door lever, as mentioned, some poppers, and lift it away.

deag.

cheers guys,

after reading the replies i too discovered those bloody screws in the grab handle. Anyway, got off the card and realised that the reason why my door handle aint working is because a piece has snapped off the mechanism.DAMN! Then to top it all off, i had bought a rubber seal/slider for the bottom of the passenger window. Anyway, the guy who sold it to me has sent me the wrong one and now im fuming. cant get a hold of him!